Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sure wish

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sure wish

    ASA would create a Sr. Bowhunter class. Every year I think they will finally step up and do it. Just dreaming.

  • #2
    you're probably right that there are a number of folks who would like to see a senior hunter class. the problem would be, where do you put them? i guess they could shoot on the same range and at the same time as the hunter class. you might get some flak from folks in the hunter class who wouldn't want to see the class diluted and payouts reduced.

    i appreciate the fact that asa has set up open classes for more mature shooters and i wish you luck in your efforts to get a similar class for the hunter group.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think I would rather see a Pro Hunter or Semi Pro Hunter class develop. That would give the shooters in Hunter class a place to move to once they have won out and still want to shoot pins(hunting) style set ups.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, the problem with moving them up to Pro Hunter or semi pro might be the increase in the entry fee. just saying. i'm no expert.

        Comment


        • #5
          Heck, we are old. LOL Put us on the same range with the Bow Novice guys. Let us have fun. I just find it strange that there are SR classes in the open area for Super Sr., Sr Open, Sr. Pro, and Sr. Masters. Yet, not a one for the old guy shooting his hunting setup.

          Comment


          • #6
            Sure while we are at it.......I want a class for left handed people...that wear glasses... Where do we draw the line with making more an more classes..........Is it the need to have classes for ....or is it a need that people feel they want to win something so subsecting everything will help in the cause.....(just a wondering)

            Comment


            • #7
              well, lets see there are how many open classes??? and how many pin classes??? talk about subsecting (is that a word???)

              anyway, glad i don't have to decide.

              btw, if i wanted to win something, i mean really wanted to win something, i'd enter the Ugly Old Man Contest...
              Last edited by carlosii; 04-10-2013, 04:00 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by carlosii View Post
                well, lets see there are how many open classes??? and how many pin classes??? talk about subsecting (is that a word???)

                anyway, glad i don't have to decide.

                btw, if i wanted to win something, i mean really wanted to win something, i'd enter the Ugly Old Man Contest...
                WOW....the english police....so I put the wrong infinitive.....WOW.......shoot me.....LOL


                I suppose I am going to have to watch my grammar and sentence syntax now? Just let me know when you wish to have that, true cubano churchill cigar . teacher.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tagmaster10 View Post
                  I think I would rather see a Pro Hunter or Semi Pro Hunter class develop. That would give the shooters in Hunter class a place to move to once they have won out and still want to shoot pins(hunting) style set ups.

                  Dont they already have this class without the entry fees, 'Unlimited' shoots the Semi Pro Course, uses pins and shoots hunting style set ups.

                  btw: the northern league (ibo) does offer a sr.Hunter Class, and they shoot the same course as the Hunter Class.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by allxs View Post
                    Dont they already have this class without the entry fees, 'Unlimited' shoots the Semi Pro Course, uses pins and shoots hunting style set ups.

                    btw: the northern league (ibo) does offer a sr.Hunter Class, and they shoot the same course as the Hunter Class.
                    Does any one know how many shooters r n the pin class that is over 60 years old ?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by allxs View Post
                      Dont they already have this class without the entry fees, 'Unlimited' shoots the Semi Pro Course, uses pins and shoots hunting style set ups.

                      btw: the northern league (ibo) does offer a sr.Hunter Class, and they shoot the same course as the Hunter Class.
                      The entry fees for archery are so low that paying a pro entry is not too bad and would bring the payouts up. I am just saying that there might be something to a semi pro or pro hunter and it could take off. As for older shooters wanting a Sr. Hunter, some federations have that class already. You might want to look at the numbers at their qualifiers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Older View Post
                        Does any one know how many shooters r n the pin class that is over 60 years old ?

                        if you are asking how many unlimiteds are over 60, it cant be that many the class only averages about 15 shooters.

                        Now, up north, the shc class in PA last year had 86 shooters.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bhtr3d View Post
                          Sure while we are at it.......I want a class for left handed people...that wear glasses... Where do we draw the line with making more an more classes..........Is it the need to have classes for ....or is it a need that people feel they want to win something so subsecting everything will help in the cause.....(just a wondering)
                          Now there is a positive organization growing attitude! Just curious, did you have the same attitude when they split Women's Open to A and B? I could care less if I ever won a dime at an ASA shoot or any other 3D tourney. If you are not pro, and you think you are going to make money at a 3D shoot, you need to talk to your financial advisor and invest your money somewhere else.

                          Currently there are 31 classes in ASA. If a Sr. Bowhunter class were to be created, it would avg in the top half within 2 years. Maybe even the top 10. But, don't let me bother you with a very probable success story.

                          Let's do some math. Adding all the other male amateur Sr. classes together for last year (Avg per shoot of course) they averaged 153 per shoot. And I am sure there are 20X times more 50+ year old men out there shooting bowhunting setups. By all means, let's continue to ignore them. And before you dismiss me based on my post count, I have been an ASA life member since the mid 90's.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            We created a Sr. BH class several years ago in my home state and it quickly became one of the 5 largest classes.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              HOGKLA, Don't get your feathers ruffled by Timbow, he may not be SOY, but he's trying to claim the "Poster of the Year" title! Not sure why anyone would dismiss you on your post count though? Since everyone on the forum started fresh a couple of weeks ago.
                              However, I tend to agree with him.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X