unlimited class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unlimited class

I have been out of asa for a few years and planning a come back next year and I have a question about why the unlimited class have so few shooters.

Thats a good question. I really wish some more unlimited guys would post up here to get a feel for it. Check out this thread becuase there are some issues related to that class being discussed there.
    I know its titled semi pro but it relates to unlimited because of the fact they both shoot on the same range.
    http://www.asaarchery.com/IP/vb4/sho...-45-yard-class

Comment

23 shooters at Paris isn't too bad. Limited had far fewer.

Comment

I see where some people say the want unlimited back on the range with the pros like it use to be. but how much is that going to help the numbers in the class. unlimited is the ultimate pin shooters class I realize you can shoot any class with pins but its more level when everyone is using the same equipment. what can be done to get the numbers up.

Comment

We don't have any Unlimited shooters around my area for club 3Ds. Fixed pins, no magnification, 8" stab is the norm and 45 yards max with exception of 45 might be 50 at some clubs.

Comment

In order to figure out how to get more shooters in the class you have to first figure out what drives someone to be in the class to begin with and that starts with the guys that are already there. If the unlimited guys want the class to grow they have to get together and ask themselves why they chose that class? What makes it attractive to them? What would make it be a better class? Then the next step is active recruitment by those already in the class. The current unlimited shooters will need to actively seek out those in the hunter classes and explain to them the positive aspects of shooting unlimited. Quite honestly one of the reasons that the class is small is that few people know what "unlimited" means. The average guy with a hunter set up rolls up to the registration table and signs up for "hunter". Even if this person is a super competitve guy who would be interested in the higher level of competition, if he is not aware of the class or its parameters, he will not shoot in it. So I guess what I am saying is, you can make all the changes in the world to a class's parameters, but without education and recruitment from within, the class will not grow. I am sure ASA will bend over backwards to assist in any endeavor to grow the unlimited class, but, they are not able to do what needs to be done at the grass roots level to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by veroshooter View Post
              In order to figure out how to get more shooters in the class you have to first figure out what drives someone to be in the class to begin with and that starts with the guys that are already there. If the unlimited guys want the class to grow they have to get together and ask themselves why they chose that class? What makes it attractive to them? What would make it be a better class? Then the next step is active recruitment by those already in the class. The current unlimited shooters will need to actively seek out those in the hunter classes and explain to them the positive aspects of shooting unlimited. Quite honestly one of the reasons that the class is small is that few people know what "unlimited" means. The average guy with a hunter set up rolls up to the registration table and signs up for "hunter". Even if this person is a super competitve guy who would be interested in the higher level of competition, if he is not aware of the class or its parameters, he will not shoot in it. So I guess what I am saying is, you can make all the changes in the world to a class's parameters, but without education and recruitment from within, the class will not grow. I am sure ASA will bend over backwards to assist in any endeavor to grow the unlimited class, but, they are not able to do what needs to be done at the grass roots level to make it happen.
              very well said

Comment

Working...
              X