Wow...It's Awful Quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...It's Awful Quiet

See what happens when The Rob ain't around to keep things interesting.

Is there anyone still around here?

Elvis has left the building....but I'm still here.
    Hello....hello...ello...lloo...(It's an echo thing

Comment

Oh well, maybe they'll ease back over here since you and I are here keeping the lights on.

What division you shooting this year?

Comment

Super Senior Known...but only because Mike ain't set up a Senior Master Known. Kinda like tormenting the kiddies though.

Comment

I'm going to give the Known 50 a try this year. Any tips you want to share about shooting in the Known division?

Comment

Make sure your rangefinder is accurately calibrated and matches up with your sight tapes. Found that out last year. Rangefinder ranged OK but sight tapes were a tad off.

Don't listen to what the other dudes say the distance is...play your own game.

For some reason shooting a known range seems to take about as much time as an unknown range so take plenty of snacks.

And you have to walk 20 percent further shooting Known 50 than you do shooting Super Senior Known so wear comfortable shoes...oh, and the targets look 20 percent smaller.l

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

I'll be shooting pins so hopefully my rangefinder pin collaboration will be on. Guess I'll need to bring along some extra batteries. It would just be my luck to be shooting a great round and the batteries go dead in my rangefinder.

The last competition I shot in was Buckmasters a few years back. Was setting in the Top 5 after the qualifier and everything was going my way. Then I get on stand and shot way under a 38 yard target. Shots felt good but anything 35 to 45 yards were off. Needless to say after a couple missed targets I was out of the running. When I got home, I went to my range to figure out what had went wrong. 20 yard pin, dead center. 30 yard pin, dead center, 40 yard pin, WAY low. 50 yard pin, dead center, 60 yard pin, dead center. I looked at the reference marks I had made on the sight and my 40 yard pin had been moved up. I say it had been moved because I had to loosen it to move it back down to the mark. I had left my bow unattended in the shooter's area between rounds and never would have thought anyone would have messed with my stuff. Made me mad and sick at the same time.

Comment

That's why golfers have caddies...keep an eye on the stuff. Might be an idea for archers too.

Comment

Hey...that's a good idea for the Known division. We can have the caddie range the target for us, hand us our bow, hand us an arrow, setup our chair, hold the umbrella for shade, feed us grapes. Oh yeah, the Rob is liking this idea.

Comment

Working...
                  X