Known classes for older shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Known classes for older shooters

I wish the known distance classes for older shooters had followed the same as the unknown classes for that group. Not sure having to shoot with "youngsters" who haven't yet turn 60 is too attractive for those of us in the mid to late 70's.

Just resurrecting this thread. Sure hope some thought is being given to setting up a Senior Master Known class for next year. I'm shooting with kids who weren't even born when I graduated from high school. LOL I admit I'm seriously skill deficient, but I'd feel better about that if I was shooting against folks more my age.

I wonder how many people eligible for Senior Masters are shooting Super Senior Known .

Comment

Since I'm getting used to shooting with the kiddies, and since no matter what class I shoot in it seems I wind up sucking the hind teat, I guess I'm not too concerned with whether or not a known class for senior masters is set up or not. LOL

Comment

If nothing changes I will be shooting with the kiddies next year. Just don't feel like I judge yardage that good, so I intend to shoot known yardage. It would be nice to compete with people my own age but there just aren't that many people my age shooting ASA. However if we had a Senior Master Known Class I'm sure there would be a few shooters coming out of the woodwork that aren't shooting ASA right now. I know a few old people who don't judge yardage that well but might shoot some ASA tournaments if they could compete with people their own age.

Comment

Originally posted by jacoserv View Post
          If nothing changes I will be shooting with the kiddies next year. Just don't feel like I judge yardage that good, so I intend to shoot known yardage. It would be nice to compete with people my own age but there just aren't that many people my age shooting ASA. However if we had a Senior Master Known Class I'm sure there would be a few shooters coming out of the woodwork that aren't shooting ASA right now. I know a few old people who don't judge yardage that well but might shoot some ASA tournaments if they could compete with people their own age.
          I think you're right, Jake. Just look at how the known classes have grown, and it's not all just people moving from unknown to known. There's been quite a few people who weren't shooting ASA before but because of the known class opportunity they've started attending.

No doubt it'd have some effect on the SM class, but I don't think it would kill it.

Comment

So the rumor has it that a Senior Master Known class will be piloted by the Texas Federation and if successful it will be implemented year after next.
            IMHO that just doesn't make sense. Did they pilot Known Pro, Senior Known, Super Senior Known in Texas before implementing them? I think not.
            Face it, know classes are expanding, but not always at the expense of the unknown classes. I think they bring in people who haven't been shooting ASA because they don't think they can compete in the distance judging. Look what's happening to IBO. They're losing shooters in part because they do not offer known classes.
            I'm not smart enough to know how much more work would be involved for ASA to start this class, but it would probably involve adding yet another range. That is something I'm not qualified to comment on.
            End of rant...

Comment

I also think it's a matter of time before a Senior Known Pro class is started. With so many in the Known Pro they will slowly start to trickle up to the Senior ages and they need a place. Guys like Michael Braden shot Known 50/Pro for his last couple of years in adult, then once he hit Senior age he had to go back to unknown Senior Pro. Certainly makes sense with Known Pro usually having more than double the participants that Open Pro has.

Comment

Thanks to Mike and the powers that be for setting up a Super Senior Known classes for us geezers. Now I can compare my physical ailments with people my own age who know what I'm complaining about.

Comment

We have a Senior Masters Known class for 2019. This should keep you olders together without kiddies.

Comment

Working...
                  X