# of classes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # of classes!

When I first got involved with 3D, and unknown yardage archery, there was only eleven (11) classes. Looked at the range assignments for FT Benning and WOW!. 39 total classes now with only eleven (11) classes that are still unknown. How things have changed!!

Yeah...imagine if we still had just 11 classes. Lots more youth classes too as well as classes for women. Responding to market demand. And these classes have good numbers...no such thing as a big silver bowl for winning your class when you're the only one in it.

Comment

What if.. there were no known distance because 'it isn't 3D' or Hunter classes had to use screw-in points .. just think...

11 of the current classes are for school kids, only 5 are for Known Distance Only, continued growth seems to be inevitable... awesome!

Comment

We need a Master Senior Masters class for those geezers over 75....Can I get an AMEN?

Comment

10-4 !!! BUT, a new, separate class added for those over 75 in addition to those classes already in existence could not be justified, because of "numbers". However, this could be achieved by another method, by re-classifying the age groups of the existing Senior, Super Senior, and Senior Masters classes. For example: Senior Open 50 thru 62: Super Senior 63 thru 74: and Senior Masters 75+. I do believe the numbers would justify the 75+ age group with the average lifespan of the shooters in that class lasting 3 to 6yrs in longevity. As the oldest ones would be leaving the class, either thru physical disability or expiration, there would be a "fresh batch" moving into it each year. This new Senior Master Class would not necessarily be an overly large class, but would definetly be made up of "genuine geezers" being able to "haphazardly" compete among themselves.without having to compete against the younger hotshots coming into it from the Super Seniors. The new Senior Masters Class be an opportunity for those "oldest shooters only" to compete amongst themsleves, and go out in a blaze of glory.

Might be something to think about , because of the growing number of older shooters. Determination of "age" for each of the particular classes could be the age of the shooter prior to the date of the first shoot of the new year.

Whatcha all think ???

Comment

NAW! IMO, don't think this is a good idea. Mike has accommodated a lot of shooting styles/forms up to date, but somewhere ya got to draw the line. What is set up now works pretty good, why mess with it?

Comment

Gotta keep evolving or you'll wind up with something like the IBO or NFAA which are well behind the ASA curve.

Comment

Well, they keep saying they keep adding classes so everyone can win, so I think we need to keep adding, cause I ain't winning.

Comment

Sage --- Gotta be persistant --- hang in there !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X