Senior Class ranges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Class ranges

Just wandering if the ASA is ever going to take into consideration the distances the Senior class shooters have to walk to shoot? I have talked to several shooters who have some health issues and its really difficult for them to have to walk so far. There were shuttles in Georgia, but most of them were hauling the younger generation of shooters. I really enjoy shooting the events, but seems to me that the Senior class ranges are getting to far for me to walk to shoot. I have a lung problem and if the walks get much farther I may have to quit shooting the ASA events. I have shot several of them and all of the walks have been long to the ranges with the exception of Phenix City last year. I know some issues have been brought to the higher ups attention and the folks were told if you didn't like what we are doing then don't come and shoot. Kentucky will tell the tell if I shoot anymore of them because the power lines will be killer to walk if the Senior classes shoot there. I love shooting the ASA events, but please take into consideration the walk distances for the Senior folks.

I'm not in the Senior Class myself. But, I have often wondered the same thing. It seems like the ranges are so far away for you guys. Put the younger guys at the further ranges.

Comment

Sometimes it is not the walk to the range so much as the difficulty once you get to the range. Go a bit further for a less hilly range or get one closer that is more hilly. Six of one half a dozen of another.

Comment

Because I am 65 years old myself, walk all of the ranges constantly beginning on the Sunday before the event and have to consider everyone's issues. I have a different take on some of this. At the last event the longest walk for a "senior" was actually the senior women and for that I apologize. We did a very good job with super senior and senior master, and the senior known and senior men were closer to the tournament village than anyone going to the end of the long practice range. By any definition that is very reasonable compared to the J & F ranges the senior women shot, or the E, D & C ranges that the male classes had to access by walking past the senior range! Sorry but at my age the "old man card" doesn't work, especially when we will always provide assistance to anyone that actually needs help.
        Mike@ASA
        Last edited by Mike@ASA; 05-09-2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike@ASA View Post
          Because I am 65 years old myself, walk all of the ranges constantly beginning on the Sunday before the event and have to consider everyone's issues. I have a different take on some of this. At the last event the longest walk for a "senior" was actually the senior women and for that I apologize. We did a very good job with super senior and senior master, and the senior known and senior men were closer to the tournament village than anyone going to the end of the long practice range. By any definition that is very reasonable compared to the J & F ranges the senior women shot, or the E, D & C ranges that the male classes had to access by walking past the senior range! Sorry but at my age the "old man card" doesn't work, especially when we will always provide assistance to anyone that actually needs help.
          Mike@ASA

Touche! Mr. Mike.

Comment

I wasn't playing the old man card, but simply saying the Senior classes were walking a long way and that included the Senior Women. How do you sign up for the assistance your providing?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I know your a busy person.

Comment

Anyone needing assistance should contact us at ASA Registration and they will tell you where the pick-up will occur. We try to get everyone needing help going out 30 minutes prior to their shoot time.
                Mike@ASA
                Last edited by Mike@ASA; 05-23-2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Mike you can give my number to r Kay's we will have the big side by side to shuttle to ranges our 1 st load r usually the master class but will shuttle any body also any body that needs a lift it will have Pearson logo on it but will b glad to take any one . I usually carry the first load an then miss k will run as many as needed

Comment

Forgot we also have a 4 seater side by side here if any one wants to carry an shuttle people will b glad to let it come also

Comment

Originally posted by Older View Post
                      Mike you can give my number to r Kay's we will have the big side by side to shuttle to ranges our 1 st load r usually the master class but will shuttle any body also any body that needs a lift it will have Pearson logo on it but will b glad to take any one . I usually carry the first load an then miss k will run as many as needed

If you'e gonna take Older up on this, try to be on the first load. That Miss K has got a lead foot...she's a well known Indy 500 fan and sometimes thinks she's Mario.

Comment

Working...
                      X