• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Turkey Day

To one and all..........

Happy Gobble....Gobble....Gobble....to everyone....Claude

Comment

I am still in recovery...I think it was the whip cream on the pumpkin pie...or the pecan pie...or the tart cherry pie...

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
        I am still in recovery...I think it was the whip cream on the pumpkin pie...or the pecan pie...or the tart cherry pie...
        Think you're absolutely right Carlos. Three toppings of whipped cream was, in my opinion, an overdose. My advice would have been to leave the whipped cream off the tart cherry pie, and then have a large helping of carrot cake.

Comment

Where you staying at Foley?

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
            Where you staying at Foley?
            Got reservations at the Sleep Inn on the beach. How about you, got yours yet......

Comment

Haven't decided if I'm going yet. Kinda of depends on how my shoulder problems progress.

Comment

Hate to admit it, but I've come to the conclusion that, at our age, the older we get the more discomforts we are going to have. So my plan is, unless the pain makes it absolutely impossible for me to enjoy my few activities, You'll find me just shuffling along, trying to keep up with the other Seniors, and I'll enjoy shooting with my friends, regardless of my score. Now, do I hear an amen?

Comment

Amen amen...that's all I'm looking for now.

I see where Tiger Woods is going to have to lay out again for awhile and it got me to thinking.
                  When you're one of the also-rans like I am and you have to lay off for awhile to regroup, its something you can live with because you don't have to worry about falling out of the SOY race, letting sponsors down, losing out on contingency money, and saving face among your peers. In other words, your competing against yourself, not against the whole field.

When you're one of the elite shooters and things start to go south on you, or at least sideways, you can't be satisfied finishing in the middle of the pack, or worse. So you spend more time beating up on yourself and the joy of accomplishing what you can is lost.

Glad I'm not in that boat...sometimes.

Last edited by carlosii; 12-02-2015, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X