Always Something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
    Appointment with ortho doc on December 2...see where that goes, but if they cut on it Foley might be kinda iffy.
    Haven't seen the surgeon. So you don't know how much damage? Most say 4 to 6 months, but this doing some repair work. Smaller repairs might have you back to shooting a lot sooner. In my case I was told up to a year. Had some kinks show up and went to my therapist. All is well, just that I need to do the exercises I was doing when things tighten up in the shoulder area. Otherwise, Bill said I was a amazing recovery case.

Comment

Aw shucks, Sonny. We didn't need Bill to tell us yer amazin'....we knew it all along...cause you told us so. "

Comment

If I was a amazing shot I'd feel better.

Comment

Got the verdict...surgery January 4 (great way to start the new year). Going to be the orthoscopic kind where they make a few holes and then go cut-cut. Going to cut the bicep tendon and then hope it'll grow attached to the other bicep tendon. He says it might look a little odd but it will work fine...probably.
          Overnight in a sling only, then about two or three months to recovery to where I can start shooting again...IF I can remember how and IF I can pull a bow back.

Comment

I'd think positive about this little cut, if I were you, Carlos! ......... After the fix you'll probably draw the bow easier. And maybe hold steadier. And maybe judge yardage better! And actually smoke "Older"! .......... Uh! Uh! Okay, I might be getting a little carried away, but I bet cha' Clawd's worried.

Comment

Thanks, Jake. That's on my bucket list...to put the fear into Clawd...don't wanna shake Older's tree though.

Did you get that buck out your kitchen window?

Comment

With surgery on his arm like that, it sounds like Carlos' destiny will be in the hands of his "wing commander" --- Git er' done Carlos !!!

Comment

Thanks, Jake. That's on my bucket list...to put the fear into Clawd...don't wanna shake Older's tree though.

Did you get that buck out your kitchen window?
                  I'm still at the back door. Seen a couple nice bucks (one really nice) but the freezer is still hungry! One small buck tried to mount my decoy and broke it down but I was able to straighten some of the metal and re-welded another spot. So it's still working. December rut is just getting started so I'm ready. When the next buck knocks on my door I'll open the freezer for him.

Comment

Post a picture of that 12 pointer before you have him put over the fireplace in the livin' room.

Comment

See where some of the big dogs may be shooting for the big bucks in Known 50 http://hoyt.com/bowhunting/blog/1345...50-contingency
                      Maybe Jaco will be up there and loan me some of those easy winnings.

Comment

Working...
                      X