Always Something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always Something...

Its always something. Now I find out I've got tears in my rotator cuff and bicep as well as a bone spur.

Guess I've had this for some time now but its gettin' worse.

I wonder if we could lobby for a Senior Master Walking Wounded class...

Carlos --- those are just some a the "side benefits" a bein a Senior Master --- I'm afraid to see what my MRI will show up when I git one on my neck n' shoulder, but hafta wait til after I have one on my brain in November --- at least so far they have concluded through x-ray, that I at least do have a brain !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
      Carlos --- those are just some a the "side benefits" a bein a Senior Master --- I'm afraid to see what my MRI will show up when I git one on my neck n' shoulder, but hafta wait til after I have one on my brain in November --- at least so far they have concluded through x-ray, that I at least do have a brain !!!
      Don't you think you should get a second opinion?

Comment

Jake --- I already did --- that's why they gave me a X-ray.--- they always wanna make sure a things before they do somethin like that. Last week they gave me a Cat Scan some place else,(still waiting on results), and I told em that was just going to be a second opinion as well, because we got two cats (Bow and Arrow), and they each give me cat scans at least a dozen times a day.

Sure can tell its the "off-season".

Comment

He told the doctor he wanted a second opinion and the doctor said, "Well, you're pretty ugly too.'"

har har har

Comment

Now that it has been confirmed that I do have a brain, the old adage comes into play, that ya can't have both brains and looks at the same time.--- nuck, nuck, nuck !!!

Comment

Forgot my hip waders again.

Comment

There is life after shoulder repair. Sort of absent here since last February. I've been through a lot. Plowing new 5" snow with my ATV and hit a hidden froze down block of ice. ATV stopped. I didn't, right through the handle bars. Final results; Ruptured left bicep (no fixing it). Separated shoulder. Rotor cuff torn in 2 places, 1 place shredded, and two partial tears. Bicep and scapula detached. During surgery partial removal of my collar bone so repairs could be made. Great surgeon and maybe a lot of luck. Operated on May 5th. Released by Therapist at week 14. Week 16 I was given full release without restrictions by surgeon. "Just go easy as you build back up."
                I think I R doing great. Get just a tad sore if I push it, 50 shots and more now. Took picture for Thirdhand Archery yesterday of my 15 year old Thirdhand Rag Bag. 25 yards.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey Sonny --- I hear ya --- that over-the-handlebar thing --- had that happen.--- luckily though it was when I hit the base of the snow pile, and flew up into the pile of snow that gave me a soft landing. We had 12 feet of snow that winter, and the pile made by the front end loader was pretty high. Had I flew through the air and landed on the ground I'm sure it would have really hurt. What a helpless feeling that is going unexpectantly "airborne" !!! After I get several other tests for several other problems then I will have my neck and shoulder mRI'd, and I am sure that is going to just reveal some more problems, and eventually result in a 4 month recovery like y'all.

Comment

Never felt helpless. Never felt anything until I came to. Lord! I couldn't figure out what happened. Sort of hanging the handle bar with my left arm and the ATV rear tires spinning. Got up, my left bicep sort of burning and then my right arm wouldn't move. I raised it up with my left hand and then.... Yep, big time ouchie. 150 yards from the house there was no way my wife would hear me. So mounted up, picked my right arm and set it on the grip. Hurt....oh yeah, but I had to use the throttle. Got in the house and couldn't even say a word to my wife. Just sat there hoping the pain would ease up. Got the hospital. Came near cranking me a X-ray technician. She wanted to twist my arm just so to take X-rays. She started to twist and me went bonkers and we went around and around. So the on duty doctor looked at the only X-ray she got and determined I had a separated shoulder. Well, during therapy my arm stuck straight up and wouldn't come down. Took the therapist, and me, a long time to figure how to get my arm down. I didn't scream, but the bed sure got kicked. So then they took a MRI.
                    You know, a cast is one thing, but a stabilizer sling is far another. Arm just so, block of foam between you and your arm. And then getting out and in it for therapy or taking a shower. I learned to hate that sucker.

Comment

Been doing physical therapy for almost three weeks now and not seeing any improvement in the shoulder. If I need surgery its gonna mess up my shooting schedule for next year...and at my age, I really can'[t afford to miss out on a year's shooting. I am so bummed.

Comment

Then you would know what its been like for me this past season ---and possibly will again be like next season, OR worse yet, its possible I may never shoot a bow again --- I just might be "playing a harp" instead. Aren't these "Golden Years" fun ??? !!!

Comment

Well, I'm not one to complain, but I did receive multiple broken bones, and spent the entire year that I was 21 years old in the Hospital due to a motorcycle accident. Few years later I flipped a farm tractor pulling a bush hog and received a mangled left hand, and lost the use of a couple of fingers. Later,I was hit head on by a drunk, on my way home from work, resulting in both jaws being broken, requiring my teeth to be wired together on both sides for 9 weeks. Received more injuries when I dumped a Big Red (Three wheeler) on top of me while in my fifties. Also, like most bow shooters, I've received multiple rounds of physical therapy and muscle repairs.
                          In addition to the normal aches and pains which I feel are just the results of being old, I have really suffered through untold hours of (The agony of defeat} due to my lack of archery skills But I'm really lucky to be able, and at 73 years old, am really looking forward to another year of enjoyment as I plan to observe and envy those archery shooters as they continue to make it look so easy. And another reason I feel so lucky to be involved in such a great sport as competition archery is, the opportunity to say:
                          (I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.(lol)

Comment

Hmm....lots of accident prone geezers fessing up on here.

Remind me to never get in the truck with any of you guys.

Comment

Why not ??? --- We'd let you drive, so then the rest of us can take our naps --- Then if you crash its nobodys fault but yers !!! --- Nuck, Nuck, Nuck.

Comment

Working...
                              X