Official 2016 ASA Pro/Am Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2016 ASA Pro/Am Rules

The 2016 ASA Pro/Am Rules have now been posted. All rule changes are in red to make it easier to review. The primary is with all of our youth classes through Young Adult. They have been changed to align our class designations with Scholastic 3-D Archery which is continuing to grow and introduce new shooters to 3-D Archery. Those modifications will create more classes for girls and a new maximum arrow diameter for all youth classes shooting at 30 yards or less.

We are sorry to disappoint all of the mavens who have been on Archery Talk who have heard or spread rumors about changes to our adult classes. With regard to known distance we are very happy that it has opened up our sport to so many new participants. But based on our unknown class numbers which have continued to grow also we have no intention of making any major changes as long as these trends continue.

http://www.asaarchery.com/IP/index.p...ent-info/rules

Mike@ASA

Mike, you could make a known yardage class at 65 and over very easily IMO. You wouldn't have change range assignments at all because several of the shooters in the Senior K are already 65 and they could continue to shoot the same range, just a different class. Yes, we would probably pick up a few more shooters but I wouldn't think there would be enough to over extend the range. I probably haven't thought of everything but just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. Thanks for listening! ,,,,,,,,,,, Phil Jacobs

Comment

Working...
    X