Midwest Shootout and Senior Known

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest Shootout and Senior Known

Turnout for the Bass and Bucks a first ASA Midwest Shootout showed the popularity of Senior Known. It was one of the largest classes.

Maybe there is hope for a senior known for older shooters too.

Do u think it would b worth it to bring it up at Phenix city an if so what do u think age cut off should an if they would help r hurt other classes I am serious

Comment

I think it might be worth kicking around. I don't know what the motivation was for establishing the Senior Known class, but there must have been some discussion that involved a number of Senior Open shooters as well as ASA representatives. So yes, I think a discussion might be of value.

Granted there were more Senior Open shooters from which to draw for a Senior Known class than there would be to draw for a Super Senior Known class. I haven't looked at the numbers for the combined Senior Open and Senior Known, but I will. This would give some indication as to how the new class would impact Super Senior and Senior Master classes.

As to the age cut off I think 70 would be setting the age too high and would prove counter-productive. By the same token, I think 60 might be too low. So, somewhere in the middle would put the age at 65.

You didn't mention it, but I'd set the maximum distance at 40 yards. The older shooters frequently are faced with eyesight that is less reliable that when they (we) were young.

Given my relative short history with ASA I really don't want to presume to have any of the answers, just ideas.

Thanks for responding.
      Last edited by carlosii; 08-20-2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Looking at, and comparing Senior Open at London, as an example , it would appear that the numbers in 2013 and 2015 were not an impact on Senior Open. It does look like there was a negative impact on the Super Senior numbers. At least the Super Senior numbers for that shoot were down in 2015 compared to 2013. But other than London it doesn't look like there has been a significant effect.

Maybe an age cut off of 60 would prove the most reasonable based on those numbers. It does look as if maybe more shooters were attracted without an overall negative effect.
        Last edited by carlosii; 08-22-2015, 06:01 AM.

Comment

So u think super senior up

Comment

Originally posted by Older View Post
            So u think super senior up
            That would work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
              That would work for me.
              60 Would work for me also if that's what everyone thinks. However, since it is likely to be forever and given the fact that we already have so m any classes, I personally would rather see the age be 65 an up. If we go 60 it won't be long B4 someone will want a 70 and up.

Comment

Originally posted by jacoserv View Post

60 Would work for me also if that's what everyone thinks. However, since it is likely to be forever and given the fact that we already have so m any classes, I personally would rather see the age be 65 an up. If we go 60 it won't be long B4 someone will want a 70 and up.
                Good point, Jake. If its 65 and up then there wouldn't be as big of a long term effect on either Super Senior or Senior Master.

Comment

Well here it is the end of the season 2016 and I wonder if there has been any more thought to splitting the Senior Known? Age 49 to "as old as you can get" seems unfair to me. 70 and 80 year olds can't physically compete with 49 year old.

Comment

All's quiet on the Western (Southeastern) front.
                    Given the year ASA has had I doubt if they've had time to do much more than keep the ship headed in the right direction. I think we can look forward to some serious consideration being given to lots of changes in the coming months.

Comment

Working...
                    X