X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder why...

nobody posts anything here anymore.

Some possibilities for consideration:

1) It's "summertime", and everyone is doing other things, that are more exciting

2) Most subjects have been "beaten to death" already time and time again

3) Nothing new or exciting to discuss

4) The Geezer Nation ran out of "Bee Ess" --- too much "samo-samo", that is "boring" to "non-geezers", and eventually through repetition even becomes "boring" to a geezer.

5) The Geezer Nation is continuing to get older and older, and therefore require more and longer naps, that cuts into their "posting time"

6) "Non-Geezers" are too bizzy with using their cell phones, texting, I-Pads, X-Boxes. smart phones, dumb phones, etc.

7) Combination of all of the above.

Oh well, there are brighter days ahead, such as "hunting season".

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
      Some possibilities for consideration:

1) It's "summertime", and everyone is doing other things, that are more exciting

2) Most subjects have been "beaten to death" already time and time again

3) Nothing new or exciting to discuss

4) The Geezer Nation ran out of "Bee Ess" --- too much "samo-samo", that is "boring" to "non-geezers", and eventually through repetition even becomes "boring" to a geezer.

5) The Geezer Nation is continuing to get older and older, and therefore require more and longer naps, that cuts into their "posting time"

6) "Non-Geezers" are too bizzy with using their cell phones, texting, I-Pads, X-Boxes. smart phones, dumb phones, etc.

7) Combination of all of the above.

Oh well, there are brighter days ahead, such as "hunting season".
      Elkie to the rescue!

Comment

Guess everyone is aware that I'm now shooting a W&W Dragonfly 40 that is really a nice shooting bow, but seems to put the arrow where I'm holding the pin, instead of forgiving me and putting it where I should have been holding it. As Bill Clinton would say, guess it's what's your definition of a forgiving bow. So far, I do really like the bow, and will be shooting it for both 3D and also for indoor competition. Looking forward to Cullman Pro/Am and the Uchee Creek Classic.

Comment

OH OH !!! --- Carlos, ya better send me an e-mail wit yer mailin address, so I can send ya a "buck", since Clawed has finally coughed up with what he was getting for a new bow. Seems if I remember right you had bet on the Win & Win. -- That way y'all get yer "buck" waaaay before deer season ever gets here -- and ya don't even need a "tag" for this'n.

Comment

NOW, if'n it keeps gettin hotter n' hotter n' hotter, y'all better watch out for porta potties buildin up enuf heat in their basement, that they would launch from their resting places, and turn into a "nitrogen missile, n' head fer the moom !!! --- Sure hope nobody is sittin in one when it makes it "blastoff" !!!

Now that would make fer some good discussion !!!

Comment

Carlossi, now look what you have gone and done. You done went and woke him up, and it will take some time for him to wind down after such a long break. Can't wait to read all of the words of wisdom that Elkie has waiting for us.

Comment

Yah Clawed, the doctor recommended "typing" as part a my physical therapy

Comment

"The finger-bone connected to the wrist-bone, the wrist bone connected to the elbow-bone, the elbow bone connected to the shoulder-bone, and the shoulder-bone connected to the neck-bone.

Comment

Cabin fever has done put Elkie over the edge...so sad. He used to be able to discuss archery...now it anatomy.

Comment

Carlos --- Y'all were wonderin "why" ---- y'all "asked fer it" !!! ---- n' y'all "got it" !!! --- LOL !!!

Clawed --- What color's yer new Dragonfly ???

Ya know I just thoughta somethin --- oh oh, that's dangerous !!! --- Maybe the porta-potti manufacturers should install some a them hi-performance Naders' seatbelts as factory equipment ta handle alla that g-force during blastoff ???

Comment

Well, I ain't posted in quite awhile....I don't think.... Yeah, separating the shoulder and tearing up my rotor cuff wasn't a happy experience. Then surgery and recovering... Lord, my shoulder just aches all the time, except when I don't move it. My surgeon and Therapists say I'm doing great. Wish I felt that way. Cut me back on therapy both at the hospital and home. Therapist says I'm doing too good and just might over do it and regress...Heck, I'm already regressive...??? Or is that aggressive? Anywho, I got the therapist to agree to some bow exercises, kind of, with orders to not to over do it....My new "bows" for the time being. The string is set right out on the end of my draw length so I can't exert pressure. The rubber band was set by my Therapist. Yep, just tied knots until I thought enough tension. Checked it yesterday. A whole whopping 7 pounds. Still I can draw, anchor and add that little bit of draw (back tension if you wish) and the release fires. field14, another older gentleman, calls it bio-mechanics that lets the release fire. Whatever it is, with the string and I fire the string flies off my thumb and I get the exercise of go picking it up. Maybe I should add a long string to the thumb loop and just reel it in.... The yellow rubber band, when I fire the release our house mutt hides. Noisy sucker, but I don't have to go pick it up.
                        rubber band and string 006-2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X