No announcement yet.

Known Yardage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeepers Jumpin Jahosafat, I guess I gotta go get a physic ta see how wide my eyeballs are --- I just knew there was a reason why I never win. Maybe we should take a "eyeball width poll" --- I wish I was a Hammerhead Shark.

Oh well..

Comment

Known classes will be around for at least a long time. Generally speaking the only people fighting Known distance 3D are old timers. I dare say in a few years there will be a Senior Known PRO class. I'm certain there will soon be another Known class that is at a level between the current K45 and K50 classes or a Known Pro class is added.

Comment

If they put it on, I'll shoot it. Known or unknown.

Will more known distance classes bring more people into the 3D fold? Kinda looks like it. I haven't done a comparison of what happened to the hunter class when the C class went all known or senior class. I imagine that Mike has his better half running the numbers though.

Comment

The Senior known class is new this year and there were 76 shooters in the class at London. Where did they come from? Did other classes get smaller? ............ Almost 2000 archers at London. Don't seem like any classes are getting smaller??

Comment

I wonder if there's going to be many who jump into a class and then find out they don't like it and want to jump back. I think there was an open pro who shot k50 at London...don't know that for sure.

My understanding of the rule is if you switch to another class, you are not eligible to change classes again for a year.

It is my further understanding that you cannot go down a class and going from open pro to k50 would be going down a class, right? I'm sure there's a provision somewhere, but I'm not sure where it is in the rules...my rule book got ruined in the rain.

I think I would support geezer class being half and half.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
              Ahh... Now i understand why those who always win seem to have the big head. Didn't realize that they had it already, due to the wider distance between their eyeballs, and I was thinking it was because of their ability to beat everyone at shooting. Also explains why my narrow mind doesn't make for good distance judging, nor does it provide much distance between my ears...err.. I mean eyes.

Carlosii does now have the advantage, being a retired teacher, his pupils will continue to get farther apart.
              I agree with you Clawed, Carlosii should smoke Metropolis (based on your pupil theory)! ............. Maybe too much Tequila???

Comment

Originally posted by jacoserv View Post

I agree with you Clawed, Carlosii should smoke Metropolis (based on your pupil theory)! ............. Maybe too much Tequila???
                FYI, Jake...I don't drink nothn' that's got a worm in it.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
                  Ahh... Now i understand why those who always win seem to have the big head. Didn't realize that they had it already, due to the wider distance between their eyeballs, and I was thinking it was because of their ability to beat everyone at shooting. Also explains why my narrow mind doesn't make for good distance judging, nor does it provide much distance between my ears...err.. I mean eyes.

Carlosii does now have the advantage, being a retired teacher, his pupils will continue to get farther apart.
                  Ah, took me a while there Cloud, but now I get it. Very very subtle...good one.

But as a former teacher I think you're in the same boat.

Comment

I thought of the jumping class thing... Gen. Rules, <>D.Unless required by a rule in the “Classes” section herein, a shooter may change their shooting class only one time during the tournament season. No points from a previous class will be carried forward toward the ASA Shooter of the Year in the new class. Anyone who earned money in a class may only move up in class during the year.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyThomas View Post
                      I thought of the jumping class thing... Gen. Rules, <>D.Unless required by a rule in the “Classes” section herein, a shooter may change their shooting class only one time during the tournament season. No points from a previous class will be carried forward toward the ASA Shooter of the Year in the new class. Anyone who earned money in a class may only move up in class during the year.
                      I'm changing classes and shooting the Senior Known for the rest of the year! Will I be moving up or down? I think it is a lateral.

Comment

Originally posted by jacoserv View Post

I'm changing classes and shooting the Senior Known for the rest of the year! Will I be moving up or down? I think it is a lateral.

Not lateral...its a move to the Dark Side...you'll be missed.

Comment

Yup, we sure will miss his "Philosophy" --- my bet is "he'll be booooock", as Ahnold would say.

Comment

Hate see you over to the Senior Bumper class, Jake.

Now I have worry I'm gonna wind up on Clawed's stake.

Comment

What does "Bumper" mean? ........... I don't want to make a mistake, but, I don't know what the heck youse guys are talking about when youse refer to the Known as "Bumper"????????

Comment

Just got the explanation of Bumper. With my narrow face and close together eyeballs, I can live with the Bumper term. Hate to leave all my friends in SM but I'm compelled to be a Senior Bumper. ................... That is SB not SOB!

Comment

Working...
                                X