SABO Target Points - Test & Conclusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SABO Target Points - Test & Conclusion

We have had several inquiries regarding the new SABO target points and their use. We tested them recently to determine if they were causing any additional damage to targets over and above the standard field point. We shot both a SABO and field point 80 times into the same target core using the upper 12 for the field point and lower 12 for the SABO all at the same distance. Upon close examination during and after the testing we determined that the SABO point actually caused less damage to the interior foam than the field point and did not penetrate as far. We noticed that the SABO did make a larger imprint in the surface / paint of the target, but after 80 arrows that was negligible over-all. Based on this test we see no reason to prohibit or limit their use in competitions at any level.
    Mike@ASA

Thanks, Mike, for going to all the trouble testing these points. I think your conclusions were great and completely unexpected for me. I would have thought that they would have been more damaging than regular target points. That just shows how little I really know! ............... Just wondering though if you tested them on the bags by any chance. Bags are what most of us practice on at home. I shoot many more arrows at the bag than I do at 3D targets. Again I would think these points would be more damaging to bags than regular field points but I was soooo wrong on the 3D target results. ........ Well, anyway I may be the only one wondering but I'd really like to know how damaging they are to the bags.

Comment

Well, I picked up a dozen while at their booth at Uchee Creek. Sure been a long time since I have been so impressed by a family taking such an interest in their booth. Those kids sure had me rethinking my opinion of the younger generation. Just a great family, and I wish them well in their new competitiom points. Hoping to start using them just as soon as I get over the panic that seems to come at full draw when I think of the frequency of my losing an arrow will also include losing my SABO point.(lol) Guess I'll just have to look harder for my lost arrows....Claude

Comment

You know, maybe they maybe they ran out of steam before reaching the target and you walked by them. Just a thought...

Comment

Guess lost arrows is what you can expect when practicing in the dark, but since those new SABO points are shiny new stainlless, maybe I'll be able to see them when the sun comes up.

Comment

Has anyone shot these points into their bag enough to know if they are more or less damaging than regular field points??

Comment

Sabo points. Just old tech brought up to date... Remember Golf archery from days of old. Here's a couple.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X