No announcement yet.

Who is going to Newberry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlos --- from the sounds a Jakes itinary it almost sounds like he's gonna "winter out" in Newberry. Like, he'll have all the trees n' bushes memorized on the ranges before anybody else gets there. SOOO, with yousins bein "roomies" you must plan on winterin out there too.

Clawed --- y'all might consider wearin a camo ski mask when on the range, and be "stealthy" --- that way ya won't spook any targets, so they won't jump the string on ya..

Comment

Got me some new GT 22s and from the way they fly, I really do think they have digital controled 12 seeking guided missile points. Been shooting them in the yard, with only one target to lock in on they fly great. Don't know how they will perform with the lanes placed in close proximity, but will be testing them this weekend, as I'm hoping to be shooting with Elkhunter at the Newberry club ASA qualifier event. Having targets lanes side by side could be my excuse if my arrow do not perform to my satisfaction by maybe shooting a 10 now and then, or even worse may appear to be searching for another target
      other than the one I'm shooting.Guess the high tech term would be shooting a blank. Have a lot confidence iny new arrows as they have so far been consistantly doing their part, if I do mine.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
        Got me some new GT 22s and from the way they fly, I really do think they have digital controled 12 seeking guided missile points. Been shooting them in the yard, with only one target to lock in on they fly great. Don't know how they will perform with the lanes placed in close proximity, but will be testing them this weekend, as I'm hoping to be shooting with Elkhunter at the Newberry club ASA qualifier event. Having targets lanes side by side could be my excuse if my arrow do not perform to my satisfaction by maybe shooting a 10 now and then, or even worse may appear to be searching for another target
        other than the one I'm shooting.Guess the high tech term would be shooting a blank. Have a lot confidence iny new arrows as they have so far been consistantly doing their part, if I do mine.
        That's high dollar country you're traipsing around in there, Clawed...I can't afford 'em so I guess me, Jaco, Elkie, and Bob the Heart-throb will just have to scramble for second place on the podium. I went out the other day and found two arrows somebody lost...they don't match but I still have high hopes for 'em.

Comment

Maaaan, looks like I'm gonna take a good spankin from Clawed tomorrow at Newberry --- I just hope I hit all 30 targets I almost hate to go without Carlos to help fetch my arrows. He must have a Masters Degree in arrow finding --- he even said he found a couple of different arrows the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
            That's high dollar country you're traipsing around in there, Clawed...I can't afford 'em so I guess me, Jaco, Elkie, and Bob the Heart-throb will just have to scramble for second place on the podium. I went out the other day and found two arrows somebody lost...they don't match but I still have high hopes for 'em.
            Carlosii, knowing how lucky you are, A genie probably placed them there for you and left two just in case you robinhood another 12 and ruin one. One arrow is enough for you to clean my clock, as you have done more than once. I'm already getting a case of the nerves, knowing that Jaco, Bob and of course you, will be making your way south soon, so guess I'd better get in all the practice I can, For I know I'll be needing it if I;m to be shooting against you Hoosier Hot Shots.My only hope is if you were to loan me one of those arrows.

Comment

Hey Clawed --- fill the ol' buzzards quiver fulla "boomerang arrahs" --- ones that won't stick in the target, just bounce back n' hit em tween the "lookers". If it don't stick in the target, it don't count !!!

Comment

Cloud, yesterday I heard the new Mathews motto is out...they replaced "Refuse to follow" with "Refuse to get out of the way".

Comment

Carlosii, after taking my usual spaking from Elkie, who really put it on me, as he seemed to just hang onto that new victory and let it do it's thing, guess I'll just take the advice of Lee, what's his name the ex Chrysler mogul who said you either lead, follow, or get out of the way. My only choice was to just stay out of his way. Thats my new motto when shooting with the Elkmiester ''Refuse to get out of his way'' then I may get lucky.
                  Looks like the next couple of weeks will have me on the verge of tendonitis, as I try to get in enough practice to at least be competitive with the invasion of the Hoosier Hot Shots as they converge on the Florida Pro/Am.
                  Looking forward to being able to at least, Stay out of the way.

Comment

Cloud, how are you liking those Gold Tips?
                    Thinking about going another direction.

Comment

Carlos, the only bad thing about my new arrows is that they hit exactly where I'm pointing them. How about all this forgiveness that folks are always talking about? Why can't an arrow forgive my bad aim when it's not pointing at the 12 ring? Thats the arrows I'm looking for, one that will forgive my bad shots and still hit for a good score.Let me know what arrow that will do that and maybe I'll give Elkie some competition.(lol)

Comment

It's called "Brand X" Clawed --- Brand "X" !!!

Comment

Working...
                        X