No announcement yet.

Who is going to Newberry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever notice how somebody is always hijacking my threads? Sometimes I think these geezers are worse than termites.

BTW, anybody shooting indoors?

Comment

Just look at "what pot" is calling the "kettle black" !!!

BTW --- who wants holes in their walls from shooting indoors ???

Comment

After an evaluation of Elkie's long term plan to find a young female retriever, with the intention of producing more retrievers. My conclusion is that he will then be in need of a much younger retriever for even more expensive services. Being the right gender for such services and much younger could possibly put me in contention for that position, but the amount of stress brought on with such employment is more than I would be interested in considering at the present time.Sorry!
        Last edited by C.Roberts; 01-27-2015, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
          Ever notice how somebody is always hijacking my threads? Sometimes I think these geezers are worse than termites.

BTW, anybody shooting indoors?
          I shoot indoors about every day. 10yds down the hallway. I've found that 360 on a blue face is much easier at 10yds.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
            After an evaluation of Elkie's long term plan to find a young female retriever, with the intention of producing more retrievers. My conclusion is that he will then be in need of a much younger retriever for even more expensive services. Being the right gender for such services and much younger could possibly put me in contention for that position, but the amount of stress brought on with such employment is more than I would be interested in considering at the present time.Sorry!

I don't think Florida is turning out to be good for your health, especially the mental side...try drinking more fresh O.J.

Comment

Jaco, just in case you would be interested in this information. I've found that 60 pounds will prevent one from having to climb and retrieve arrows from the attic, as it will put an arrow through standard hallway sheet rock, fiberglass insulation, as well as metal roof, and will place your arrow in the yard, saving you from climbing wich could be dangerous at our age..
              Carlosii, I guess it was forgetfulness, which comes with old age, as you forgot to include your other ingredient when one has to resort to drinking O.J .for medicinal purposes.
              Last edited by C.Roberts; 01-28-2015, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Clawed --- Carlossi might be allergic to "wadka"

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
                  Clawed --- Carlossi might be allergic to "wadka"
                  It's not Wadka, Elkie, it's Southern Comfort! Goosh! Do I have to help you with everything?

Comment

Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
                    Jaco, just in case you would be interested in this information. I've found that 60 pounds will prevent one from having to climb and retrieve arrows from the attic, as it will put an arrow through standard hallway sheet rock, fiberglass insulation, as well as metal roof, and will place your arrow in the yard, saving you from climbing wich could be dangerous at our age..
                    Carlosii, I guess it was forgetfulness, which comes with old age, as you forgot to include your other ingredient when one has to resort to drinking O.J .for medicinal purposes.
                    Unfortuneately, Clawd, I do understand your concern. ....... A few years ago I thought that I could work on my TP by drawing the bow and aminig at a spot on the wall in the living room. With my finger behind the trigger I could aim without shooting and let down. Worked great for a while but as you already know TP is an involuntary affliction. You never know when it will take over. Then in a moment of total concentration after drawing the bow my finger goes over the trigger (involuntarily) as in a normal shot, TP takes over, and the spot on the wall disappeared. The arrow was moving at over 300fps when it penatrated 5/8" drywall, the edge of a 2 X 6, thru the fiberglass insulation, thru 1/2" builders board, 5/8" cedar sideing, and the point stopping about 8" the other side of the wall. .......... Is there anyone in captivity who admits having TP who has not done this or something similar????? I doubt it!!

Comment

Jake ---- I neva heared a mixin Suthern Comfort with OJ --- Is that what they call a "suthern Screwdriver" ??? --- Mixture sounds terrible !!! --- course, so are grits, black eyed peas, n' green collards.--- however, suthern fried chicken is mmmmmmmmm good.

Comment

Elkie, looks like you havn't been the south long enough to develope a taste for fine, deliclous, mouth warering good old soutnern cuisine. Things like home made cornbread from a skillet, boiled okra, butter beans, with sow belly and topped off with a big ole piece of rhubarb pie. Makes a southern boy's tongue slap his eyeballs.
                        Last edited by C.Roberts; 01-28-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Clawed , that kinda stuff yer talkin about I wouldn't eat if I was dead. --- LOL !!!

Y'all still plannin on meetin up this Sat mornin @ Newberry ??? --- The weather looks good --- we don't know yet if we're gonna shoot only 20 for fun, or shoot all 30 for qualifyin.--- we're gonna play it by ear --- I don't think I'm built up enuf yet to shoot 30. I'm still pretty week from bein sick there fer so long.--- course could take a hour sabbatical after 20 to rest up. Oh well.

Comment

Yep, we're planning on being there for my first spankin of the year, but I'm so used to that, and since I still haven't really started my spring training, I don't expect any great scores on my part.

Comment

Sure, you guys go ahead and get a head start on the Hoosier Hot Shots...you'll need all the practice rounds you can get in before we show up for Newberry, primed and ready to deliver a whoopin'. Well, at least Jaco and Heartthrob Bob will be doin' some whoopin'...I'm gonna be there to coach 'em.

Comment

Carlos, figured you were already getting ready to migrate on down south. Probably your tires are frozen to the ground. Just pour water on them to thaw enough to let them lossen from the ice, then don't let them stop rolling until you're across tennesse. Sure will be good to see all you hoosiers, even if I'm not allowed on the podium, as they gang up and take all the top spots. Maybe I need to change hats. Think I know where I might find a goofy Panama Jack hat.But the owner seldom takes it off as if it was actually covering anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X