Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is going to Newberry?

Besides me?

We will be going there early on Friday morning to register, take a tour of the village to see what is new, shoot the bags, and visit.

Comment

Yup! Guess maybe we will take advantage of the practice range every day it's available. ASA has really been good about getting it ready for those of us who will be getting there a few days early. Of course I have a tendancy to over do it, and usually get there right after Christmas. I'm getting a late start this year due to medical treatments. Think maybe a case of Archery Withdrawal, but will be leaving tomorrow, and will hopefuly be getting down there this weekend or the first of next week. No hurry, just want to stay ahead of the hoosier geezers. They really can put the pressure on at the 3D Range, and make it look so easy.
      Sure will be nice to maybe enjoy warmer weather for a change, break out the flowered short sleeve shirts, cut offs, sun tan lotions, sneakers, hang a camera around my neck and maybe find a place along the beach to set up a practice target.
      Come to think of it, Ole Carlosii may be there practicing already, trying to get a leg up on the geezer competition. Nah! Carlos will pop up there, right before the the Newberry Pro/Am, at a local shoot when you least expect him, sporting his brand new bow, but probably also be sporting an brand new sunburn.
      Planning to stop by Elkie's on the way south, and get a look at some more of this year's new heavy artillery the Master Senior class will have to contend with.Elkie has been pretty quiet about that new Elite so guess I'll just stop by for a gander.

Comment

Clawed --- FYI --- there is a Florida/Georgia qualifier shoot at Newberry on Jan 31st.

Comment

We will leave early thursday, and I hope to get up the food chain, better than I have been. Sporting a new Rhino X bow from Ben Pearson. It's green metalflake.
          Tommy

Comment

Leaving Tues. / Practice all day Wed. / Team shoot Thur. / Sims & Team shoot Fri. / Sims Sat morn. / Then the main event if I can still pull'er back.

Comment

Jaco! Surely vou are not going to leave us to shoot known yardage, especially when you seem to have such a natural ability for yardage judging, something I can only hope to achieve when I'm a little older. Say maybe when I get to the age of Ole Carlos (lol) I've really learned a lot from watching you and picking your brain and hope to see you continue setting the bar for those of us in the Senior Masters.class.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
                Jaco! Surely vou are not going to leave us to shoot known yardage, especially when you seem to have such a natural ability for yardage judging, something I can only hope to achieve when I'm a little older. Say maybe when I get to the age of Ole Carlos (lol) I've really learned a lot from watching you and picking your brain and hope to see you continue setting the bar for those of us in the Senior Masters.class.
                Actually I didn't think I was all that good at judging yardage but thanks for the vote of confidence anyway, Cloud. Hopefully we'll all get a little better as we get older (maybe by the time we reach the Super Masters Class). ................ I have to be nice to Ole Carlos since he will be my roomy at Newberry. As far as the Senior Known, ain't had no vision yet (only dreams and fantasies), ole pal. Still waiting for the Great Archery Cahoona to shooooo da light.

Comment

Originally posted by jacoserv View Post
                  (maybe by the time we reach the Super Masters Class)
                  You know? I kind of thought that Older had a good idea when he suggested a Masters Pro class. That is sometheng that I would have been one to at least stay on Sunday to see. Also the Amateur shoot down is, in my opinion, a crowd pleaser that helps hold some of the crowd for the Pro Shoot down. I think a Masters Pro class would at least hold a larger crowd of spectators than the old limited Pro class did. But you know what they say about opinions (lol).
                  OH Yes! We're in Florida now for our spring,training and I'm improving quite a bit, now that I have something to shoot at other than snowballs, and if I can just stay even with Elkhunter I will have reached another level.
                  Carlosii will be a good buddy to ride with,just dont give him very many pointers for he brags to much when he gives me a spanking.
                  Last edited by C.Roberts; 01-25-2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

I sure wished Clawed could have given me some yardage judging tips last Saturday. I think the rangefinder in my brain had a stroke,and my depth perception blew a fuse, and is confused as to the difference between a foot and a yard. Out of all the targets we shot this weekend, I was right on for only 1 target --- a 23yd coyote. Other than that I blanked 3 targets, as I was off anywhere from 3 to 7yds on the rest of them. I gotta go to Petsmart, and see if I can get a fully trained retriever for Newberry --- cause I think it is going to be "UGLY" --- definetly will be a donor at the first shoot.unless some kind of "miracle" happens between now and then.

It sounds like reality has sunk in with jaco ---- I thought he had all intentions a shooting the new Senior Known Class

Comment

Great Elkie, we can hunt arrows together!

Comment

Carlos --- Wanna split the bill for a purebred, fully trained retriever ??? --- Do we buy em, or rent em ??? --- Where will he be kept --- alernate caretaking, 1/2 the time in Georgia --- the other half in Indiana --- that way food costs will also be split ??? --- What should we name him/her ??? These are important decisions that should be made a couple weeks before Newberry, so he gets to know us good.

Comment

Elkie--- I'm available for work as a retriever on a part time basis and will consider full time, depending on conditions of employment. Only interested in retrieving bills of USD hundreds but will consider twenties depending on results of findings, and would require a weekly draw towards a percentage of 100% of findings. Required draw necessary to cover all expenses until commission reaches the amount of draw. Retrieved articles found, such as arrows will be the property of, and will be presented to employer, but will expect generous tip. Retriever already has name, saving employer the trouble of deciding a name. If interested please contact me for a personal interview.
                          Last edited by C.Roberts; 01-27-2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Now that I have had a considerable amount of time to think about this offer Clawed, I think you are the wrong gender. I think Carlos and I should invest in a much younger, female retriever, because then she can have babies, and we can then inturn rent them out to other less fortunate archers to help offset our procurement and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
                              Elkie--- I'm available for work as a retriever on a part time basis and will consider full time, depending on conditions of employment. Only interested in retrieving bills of USD hundreds but will consider twenties depending on results of findings, and would require a weekly draw towards a percentage of 100% of findings. Required draw necessary to cover all expenses until commission reaches the amount of draw. Retrieved articles found, such as arrows will be the property of, and will be presented to employer, but will expect generous tip. Retriever already has name, saving employer the trouble of deciding a name. If interested please contact me for a personal interview.

You can always tell when a guy REALLY doesn't wanna work, but has to put a good face on it to keep his better half happy.

That's probably the WORST letter of application I have ever read.

Now, anybody else going to Newberry?

Comment

Working...
                              X