Senior Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Forum

Dang, looks like this has become the Sr. Forum.

If it wasn't fer usins they wouldn't even need a forum --- at least we got some place ta kill some time, n' share are wisdom --- if we didn't we'd just be gettin inta mischief n' probably get throwed in jail --- that'd be terrible cause then we couldn't go ta any shoots.

Where y'all been a hidin out fer all these past months ???

Comment

Being a pre-senior I wasn't sure I was allowed to post anymore.

Comment

You've were previously approved by the Forum Supreme Court.

Comment

Someone check this guy's papers. He sounds awful young to me.

Comment

Yeah I'm only about half of your ages. 47. Just a young whipped snapper.

Comment

Half our age and twice the shot. If he could teach me to shoot just half as good as his young-uns, he;d hava a senior sponsor for life.

Comment

Clawed --- Did y'all get my 3 e-mails I sent ya about yer trip ??? Third Place is "easy" it's his youngins that tear up the course --- now though he may improve with age, and experience..

Carlos --- We gotta have some trainees on here ya know, so theirs someone ta take are places on here after we make are departure, Ya don't become a "master" overnight ya know --- at least he has 23yrsof training henceforth to become a "master", Actually, we should have more than one "trainee" --- OH, we got "Sonny" too !!!

Comment

I think I've figured it out. He seems to be saying the forum should be renamed and he's suggesting, "The ASA Virtual Retirement Home".....and he may very well be correct.

Comment

I absolutely refuse to go to a "retirement home" --- I'd live on the street first.--- at least then I could shoot my bow in the back alley ---- that could be referred to as "A Pocket Full of Miracles", as then I could shoot apples off of Annies head --- Yup, Ol' "Apple Annie".

Bring on the jibberish --- this is startin ta be good

Comment

I'm not saying you're all old but I would guess that some of you have danced the Jitterbug at a Speak Easy sometime in your life. The upside for us pre-seniors is the ability to ask real world questions about age related pharmaceuticals and their side effects. Because you never want to make a mistake with hemorrhoidal creams!!!!

Comment

Guess everybody is napping.

Comment

Not napping, just studying the situation.... Heck, I wasn't even back to shoot a bow at age 47....To be that young again... I was still into firearms and horse, both having a kick...some worse than others. Yep, shot a recurve up to 15 and tremendously wet behind the ears. The order of things as I grew, girls (chased this one until she caught me 39 years ago this past Dec 1st), cars, faster cars, motorcycles, way faster motorcycles, guns, horses and finally in late 1998 I picked and shot my first compound bow. So absent from archery for 34 years. Lord! Heck of difference than a recurve. 49 years old and had to hang on with both hands and both feet to draw the 50 pound Pearson. Got use to it pretty quick. Shot it with fingers and got pretty good. Owner gave it to me to play with and then gave it to me for fire lapping a couple of his rifles. Said he couldn't shoot the bow half a well as I did. Got me a new 1999 Golden Eagle, a Evolution. Shot my first 3D in September of 1999. Me gots addicted. Horrible disease, but well worth the suffering...though I wonder sometimes with all the bows and arrows I've went through and still want. Shot NFAA for a while and then switched to ASA, best thing I ever did... Then got on the ASA forums and gots confused over old and geezers. Still confused with geezers and old geezers. And then the ASA really confused me with adding a Master Geezer Class...or is that Master older Geezer? 65 and I ain't old enough to be a Master whatever. And then a Master older Geezer has to croak before you can buy in and no one has set a price. I'll have to ask LD or Mike.

Comment

AAAAH , Yup --- I just woke up from my mid days sabbatical ( everyday event), and now I'm good fer another few hours again until I get my belly fulla supper food then I'm usually good fer another sabbatical fer while --- if I don't, well then I usually fall asleep during a movie and miss the end of it.

Hemroidal creams were only made ta sell, not ta use.cause several people tolt me they don't work.

If yer like me, ya don't need any a them age-related farmasuiticals ta keep yer motor goin. I don't need nothin ta do with high blood pressure, dietbetis, or none a that stuff. My only two subscriptions I have had to take for the past 12yrs now are 1) glaucoma drops, and 2) ohmprazole fer gas cause my octane is too high.

There, see Sonny wasn't "napping" --- told ya he was just a trainee --- well, he just got another lesson as part a his future..

Gosh, there's gotta be some more "trainees" out there hidin in closets somewhere --- don't be bashful --- come on, step up ta the plate !!!

Comment

Unlike me up and coming trainees and trainees are skeered of you older geezers. Nothing scares me but the bumper sticker on my wife's truck. "Only one more day of shopping left until tomorrow."

Comment

Working...
                              X