No announcement yet.

Geezer Fest 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jake --- Yer so close to a "12", but yer not quite "pullin the line".I re-convened with Monsewers Funk, Wagnel, and Webster last night, and my consultation revealed, that a "sabbatical leave" is a period of 1yr, or less absense for rest" Therefore, instead of being "a 20 year sabbatical" it should really be regarded to as "20 years of sabbatical leave".
    I'm most anxious for the school marms to chime in here, and give us the official call.--- although I am sure they themselves'd will first hafta consult with the Monsewers as well.

I do figger y'all should get some kinda prize though, but I ain't totally figgered it out yet.--- I'm kinda leanin toards a "2nd place congradulations".

Comment

After a long, and quite extensive consultation with fellow archers, it has been brought to my attention that another term used frequently for a long rest, of an extended duration, can sometimes be refered to as an Elkie.

Comment

An "Elkie" = 1/6th, or 16 2/3% of a sabbatical leave !!!

Comment

This thread was started to discover if there was to be a Geezer fest in 2015. Seems it has deteriorated! .............. Will there be Geezer fest? CR would like to claim another championship, you know.

Comment

Jake --- I don't think the host club has made up their schedule yet.

Comment

In that case we must continue with the gibberish.

Comment

I agree Jake --- I think this thread was started prematurely, but then of course we been desperate lately for something to jibber about.. Actually I don't know of any club down here that has put out their new schedule yet, because they are all in prime hunting mode.--- possibly they will work on their schedules after the rut is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
                  I agree Jake --- I think this thread was started prematurely.
                  FINE!

JUST FORGET IT!!!

SORRY I EVER BROUGHT IT UP!!!

YOU LAZY GEEZERS MAY NOW RETURN TO YOUR SELF-IMPOSED HIBERNATION!!!

SEE IF I CARE!!!

Last edited by carlosii; 11-12-2014, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Elk, sabbatical can also be short rest. You know, like weekend sabbatical. Or in some cases, between targets

Comment

GEEEESH, Carlos is GRUMPY this mornin !!!

Comment

2015 GEEZERFEST. I am working some more details out.....it is slated for FEBRUARY. ....more info will be given in another week or so.....keep posted here or archery talk.....or Florida asa 3d facebook page

Comment

What's a facebook page ???

Comment

A facebook page is a page in a book with a picture of your face on it....I think.

Comment

OOOOH--- OK !!! --- Like the insert on the left side of yer post showing the guy with a straw hat on --- now I know, thanks !!! SOOOO, that means we can continue to monitor this popular site for the breaking news announcement by "He Who Tiptoes Thru the Tulips" regarding the Geezerfest. Here I had been thinking we might have to check out some other inferior, risky site.

Comment

One thing about being a geezer, nobody calls you "son" anymore...unless your pappy is still up and kicking.
                                I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X