Info Important for Geezers and Geezer Wanna-bes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info Important for Geezers and Geezer Wanna-bes

Well, looks like the new rules are gonna give the Geezers something to talk about on the range other than prostate problems, achy joints, expanding bald spots, skin cancers, and how good they used to be.

Exchanging target information with spectators or other shooting groups at any time during the tournament is strictly prohibited. Target information may only be discussed among members of a shooting group after all members of that group have shot the target.

I'm definitely gettin' one of those electric ear trumpets.

Carlos --- Even though this is the" intent" of the rule as currently written, this clarification was not put into the new book, because the new rule book had already been sent to the printer. It is my understandingthis clarification will be incororated into the 2016 rule book.

Comment

Well, I cut and pasted it from the official ASA web site...so it must be the rule beginning January 1, 2015.

Comment

GREAT !!! -- Didn't make it in the new rule book in time, but got posted on the ASA website, --- Hip Hip Hurrah !!! --- Good move. Last time I looked there, it wasn't posted.

BTW, how is it possible for you to cut something out of yer screen, and then repaste it back on the screen someplace else --- you must have a good tool kit --- what kind of kniofe and glue do you use ???

Comment

Of course you realize the hearing amplifiers are just that amplifiers. I've got 3. I can hear a mouse yeah on cotton from a 100 yards away, but it doesn't help with the human voice. Dad, pushing 90, just got his new "ears" and was shocked. Me and my sis sound like me and my sis. Mom had it a bit different. She had to have one of us, my sis, there so they could adjust whatever to make sis sound like sis. Only $4,000.00.
          I need some hearing help, but right now I'm just satisfied with successfully ignoring my wife, so she says

Comment

Sonny --- I got 2 hearin aides, and don't even wear em. I wore them for a while years ago, and all they do is amplify background noise so that it drounds out anyone you are talking to close by, or even the TV for that matter. I really found em frustratin when I would go elk hunting, and had a real difficult time locating what direction bugling was coming from. Then I'd take em out, and even though I couldn't hardly hear them I could zero in on where the bugling was comin from.

Comment

Elk, I understand that true hearing aids have to be adjusted to a familiar human voice and if one in each ear they have to be balanced so direction can be detected. Dad doesn't have a problem except he turns his up too far. He complains; "You don't have to yell."

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
                GREAT !!! -- Didn't make it in the new rule book in time, but got posted on the ASA website, --- Hip Hip Hurrah !!! --- Good move. Last time I looked there, it wasn't posted.

BTW, how is it possible for you to cut something out of yer screen, and then repaste it back on the screen someplace else --- you must have a good tool kit --- what kind of kniofe and glue do you use ???

I told you I had special powers...but did you believe me??? NOOO....well, live and learn.

Comment

Sent you a message Elkie.

Comment

Thanks for the info, but it will probably take me a month er so ta digest it all --- it's possible by the year 2020 I might be a master cutter/paster, but ya gotta realize this is a guy who flunked kinnygarten, because he couldn't build blocks in a sandbox --- I will, however, never give up tryin !!!

Comment

Hey Sonny, now ya can probably understand why I shoot the quietist bows on the planet --- LOL !!!

Comment

Wa ya say? Type a little louder...

Comment

Working...
                        X