July Shoot and Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July Shoot and Classic

Anybody heard anything new as to the "where" and "when" for these shoots that are yet to be determined ??? Surely there's gotta be some good, bonafide rumors out there somewhere--- whatcha been hearin' ??? --- I ain't heared nothin, course I'm 4/3rds deaf.--- subject has been perty quiet lately even over on AT.

This is gonna get good.

Comment

I'm of the opinion that Mike will come through with the best possible locations for both ASA and the shooters. His track record clearly shows that he takes it very serious, and seems to negotiate the best deal for everyone involved with the events.
      I really like the Cullman location, even if I do have to refrain from waiting until the last minute to make reservations. Had to shell out $126 per night because of my waiting around, instead of getting rooms for half that if I'd get off my duff and make early reservations. Noticed that they had really improved the ranges such as, building steps along the banks, removing a lot of the stubbles from the paths, and have one of the best variety of food vendors of any of the events. Course that free watermelon is enough to sway me in their favor. Feel that we will be there again, which is fine with me. I'll just make sure and not wait around to make reservations, using the savings to spread around, at the many vendors, that also seem to like Cullman .

Comment

Rumor is classic is at Fort Benning August 21-23 and Cullman will be in July 24-26 I believe it was.

Comment

I'm down with Clawed...I'd rather have the Classic at Cullman....easier access. Have to drive a country mile to get to the shoot at Benning.

I was kinda looking forward to Tuscaloosa again.

Comment

With improvements to the vendor/practice range/parking areas Tuscaloosa would be ok --- I really don't know what happened there --- I must have missed something somewhere along the line, as I thought for sure we would be back there next year.

However, Cullman for the July shoot, and Ft Benning for the Classic is GREEEEAT --- hope your inside skinny is reliable info.

Anyone else hear something "good" ???

Comment

At the Tuscaloosa site PARA sold all the land bascially from the parking lot at the building to the high school. So that means 5 ranges plus bags and practice range are gone at that site.

Comment

Originally posted by Foamkiller View Post
                At the Tuscaloosa site PARA sold all the land bascially from the parking lot at the building to the high school. So that means 5 ranges plus bags and practice range are gone at that site.
                Sorry to hear that. Enjoyed that shoot.

Comment

I'm also sorry to hear that --- sure was an awful lot of work done to the grounds already to just "disappear". Kinda like all the timber disappeared at Newberry.. Oh well.

Comment

Well, at our shoot yesterday it was pretty much common knowledge, that the July shoot will be in Cullman, and the Classic at Ft Benning, so apparently the rumor that Outbackarcher heard was true even though the site hasn't been updated yet --- OH OH --- I said "true", but it hasn't been officially proclaimed as such yet --- guess we have to wait until the site is updated.or ------- has most everyone been misinformed so far ??? --- Guess we have to "stay tuned" !!!

Apparently the Foley, Al site is being considered for a "future site" --- possibly a replacement for Newberry in 2016 ??? !!! --- If so, it would be nice to have that as a March shoot --- can you just imagine the "eye candy" on Orange Beach in March ---- ooolala !!!

Comment

How is classic at benning ? On front page benning is listed as the march shoot

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntnky View Post
                        How is classic at benning ? On front page benning is listed as the march shoot
                        Yeah, Elkie. How about that??? That bowhuntky is one sharp-eyed poster.

Comment

There will be (2) shoots next season at Ft Benning --- (1) ProAm in March and the Classic in August at the close of the season. This has happened a few times before.

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
                            There will be (2) shoots next season at Ft Benning --- (1) ProAm in March and the Classic in August at the close of the season. This has happened a few times before.
                            Ahhh I see..works for me.

Comment

Why? Are there no options other than going to the same site twice?

Comment

Working...
                              X