Equipment Changes for 2015 3D Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment Changes for 2015 3D Season

SOOOooo, what is everyone figuring on shooting for the new 2015 season --- Shoot yer same bow, or take a look at a new one ??? I saw this past season, that there were a few changes in bows during mid-season.

From the sounds of it, a few manufacturers are jumping on the "shoot-thru riser" bandwagon --- y'all think that is the way to go, or what ??? There's a couple,that look like "twins" except for different configured holes in the riser.

Since I no longer own a bow, I gotta come up with a new plan of some sort for next year --- a lot of options out there to consider.

same ol' same ol'.

Comment

"same ol' same ol" means the "Shadowcat" strikes again !!!

Comment

My new Pearson should be here this week, hopefully. If not early next week. I ordered a MXII, 40 1/2" ata.

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
          "same ol' same ol" means the "Shadowcat" strikes again !!!

Ahem...that'd be a Martin Scepter V, not an old, worn out Shadowcat, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyThomas View Post
            My new Pearson should be here this week, hopefully. If not early next week. I ordered a MXII, 40 1/2" ata.

Let me know when you get tired of that Pearson, Sonny...maybe we can make a deal.

Comment

Sorry Carlos, didn't know you had updated. You know, if yer wantin a Pearson, I know a someone thats got my old one in a casket --- might be up fer a trade. It was a good shooter.

I do think though, that if yer interested in a Pearson, that the shorter version MarXman would work out best speed-wise for you with yer short draw. The MX11 that Sonny is getting is a 40 1/2" ATA bow. The MarXman is only 37" or 37 1/2" long.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post

Let me know when you get tired of that Pearson, Sonny...maybe we can make a deal.

Just got it in late this afternoon. I don't know, Carlos, afraid to post a picture as you might get too excited and have a heart attack. The riser looks like black chrome, the paint that beautiful, that flawless. The riser grip, like caressing silk....To give variation; Black/silver cross hatched/checkered limbs, silver anodized limb guides and limb pockets and silver anodized cams with jet black draw modules. And to finish, black and silver/gray strings.....

The MXII is given 2 fps slower than my MarXman....so 318 fps opposed to 320+ fps. At a hair over 55 pounds and 28 1/2" of draw my MarXman launched CXL Pro 150s at 294 fps, arrow weighing 282 grs. Went to HT3 Virtues at 322 grs and 284.5 fps.

Dark now, but the MXII has something of the older standard limb configuration, angle that it. Meaning, smoother drawing and able to draw more draw weight easier.
                Last edited by SonnyThomas; 08-25-2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Sorry Carlos, didn't know you had updated. You know, if yer wantin a Pearson, I know a someone thats got my old one in a casket --- might be up fer a trade. It was a good shooter.

I do think though, that if yer interested in a Pearson, that the shorter version MarXman would work out best speed-wise for you with yer short draw. The MX11 that Sonny is getting is a 40 1/2" ATA bow. The MarXman is only 37" or 37 1/2" long.
                  SHORT DRAW!??? 28 and a half inches in NOT a short draw...its maybe average...Hump!!

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyThomas View Post

Just got it in late this afternoon. I don't know, Carlos, afraid to post a picture as you might get too excited and have a heart attack. The riser looks like black chrome, the paint that beautiful, that flawless. The riser grip, like caressing silk....To give variation; Black/silver cross hatched/checkered limbs, silver anodized limb guides and limb pockets and silver anodized cams with jet black draw modules. And to finish, black and silver/gray strings.....

The MXII is given 2 fps slower than my MarXman....so 318 fps opposed to 320+ fps. At a hair over 55 pounds and 28 1/2" of draw my MarXman launched CXL Pro 150s at 294 fps, arrow weighing 282 grs. Went to HT3 Virtues at 322 grs and 284.5 fps.

Dark now, but the MXII has something of the older standard limb configuration, angle that it. Meaning, smoother drawing and able to draw more draw weight easier.
                    She sounds purty...now get us a report on how it shoots, OK?

Comment

Carlos --- 28 1/2" is shorter than 30 !!!

Sonny --- I drew back a regular MarXman a few times, and thought it drew "hard" compared to my older Advantage.

Comment

Carlos/Sonny n' everyone else --- you wanna draw a reeeeal smoooooth bow, try a Win & Win Genio7 ---- it's smoother n' silk without wrinkles.

Comment

Carlos --- 28 1/2" is shorter than 30 !!!

Sonny --- I drew back a regular MarXman a few times, and thought it drew "hard" compared to my older Advantage.
                          Yes, I found the MarXman to feel hard on the draw compared to the 2011 Martin Shadowcat I had. Now this 2011 Shadowcat is the one Carlos should have bought. Evidently I had shot most the misses out of it and the new owner was so charged up he was AT wanting to know how to get in the Pro ranks. No jokin' now.

Delays, delays. Started to draw the new MXII and found they had neglected to install the draw stops. Got email late last night that they would be shipped today. So maybe Thursday.....

Comment

I can't imagine the MX11 drawing any easier than the original, but let me know what you find out --- no draw stops ??? --- Is that what you call an "infinity draw length" --- you must have gorilla arms.

I knew there was something to do with Carlos n' Shadowcats --- sounds like he missed the boat --- LOL

Comment

I can't imagine the MX11 drawing any easier than the original, but let me know what you find out --- no draw stops ??? --- Is that what you call an "infinity draw length" --- you must have gorilla arms.

I knew there was something to do with Carlos n' Shadowcats --- sounds like he missed the boat --- LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X