Another one in the books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one in the books

Another great ASA Pro Am season is in the books.

See ya'll in Florida!

Mike said we would be shooting in Florida but has anyone seen or heard of any other sites or dates?

Comment

Lots of rumors over on AT (the source of all truth in archery....) that we'll be back at Cullman but not for the Classic. Rumor mill also says no Tuscaloosa but I am taking that with a large grain of salt.

Maybe we could start a pool, kinda like the NCAA pool, as to where and when for next year...ASA officials not allowed...they have the inside dope.

Comment

Forget AT. Sit back and enjoy what has come to pass, one great season. Watched from afar, but watched, listened and saw scores. Saw numbers also. If by the score sheet, 1,575 shooters attended the Classic. Tops off a great season...

To Mike and Crew, thank you.....

Comment

Yup, great Classic, we like Cullman so much we are still here, and don't know if we will make it home or not.We really lucked out weather-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
            Lots of rumors over on AT (the source of all truth in archery....) that we'll be back at Cullman but not for the Classic. Rumor mill also says no Tuscaloosa but I am taking that with a large grain of salt.

Maybe we could start a pool, kinda like the NCAA pool, as to where and when for next year...ASA officials not allowed...they have the inside dope.

I know Paris, tx will still be on there, it was in the paris news paper.

I cant believe tuscaloosa wouldnt be, (they just cut lanes and starting building parking lots and tournament village before we arrived last year) cant see them doing all of that on a one year deal.

perhaps, tuscaloosa will host classic, instead of cullman.

Comment

Originally posted by allxs View Post

I know Paris, tx will still be on there, it was in the paris news paper.

I cant believe tuscaloosa wouldnt be, (they just cut lanes and starting building parking lots and tournament village before we arrived last year) cant see them doing all of that on a one year deal.

perhaps, tuscaloosa will host classic, instead of cullman.

That would work for me...as long as U of A is not in session.

It does make it nice for the Alabama Gang.

Comment

Easton Archery Center Newberry calendar sez ASA - Feb 19-22 2015 :-)

Comment

Foley ???

Comment

Dates are up on the ASA home page. There are five shoots listed, as opposed to six last year, with no Tuscaloosa or Cullman. The Classic will be announced later, I guess.

Comment

Announcing the Classic at a later date might have something to do with Cullmans motels "price gouging" --- Classic could end up in Tuscaloosa, or some other fresh new site.

Comment

no way asa would drop back to 5 shoots and the classic. but, look for the classic to be held in foley,al.
                        'theres many a slip tween a cup and a lip' but here it is : http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index...._sports_a.html

Comment

Word I got this morning is that Cullman will have a regular proam shoot there in July IF the ASA can get the Cullman motels straightened out. ----- then the Classic will be "possibly Foley, Al" in August ----- the question now is, if Cullman don't get the July shoot (6th shoot) , who will ??? ------ the drama continues to build !!! ---- stay tuned !!!

Comment

There were over 3,000 different competitors who attended ASA Pro Ams last year.

I wonder if sponsors from outside the archery world recognize the opportunities to bring their products and services to this group.

Comment

I don't know, I tried getting sponsored by "M&M Peanut Co", because I saw they sponsor Kyle Busch, and they said they didn't think they wanted to invest any money in archery at this time --- this was a year or two ago. I told em I like eating their candy, and would be more than glad to hand out samples.for them at the shoots, and have a M&M Peanut wrap on our vehicles like Kyle does --- I just wouldn't go 200mph like he does. You can probly tell I got a lotta time on my hands here in Cullman yet waiting for next years shoot to get here --- if it comes.

Comment

Working...
                              X