Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought by now...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I thought by now...

    I thought by now I'd be able to actually aim at those twelves and maybe even hit a few...seems like I'm goin' backwards instead...I gotta get Cloud to give me some lessons. Ol' Clawed has turned into a shootin' machine but he won't tell me his secret...maybe its that corn soup he makes in that still thing up behind the house...if it is, he ain't sharin'...all he'll share is that old stale tabaccy he keeps in a baggie in his back pocket.

  • #2
    It's easy ta figger out --- y'all need ta git ya some a them "12-seeking arrahs" --- just aim em in the general direction a the target n' they zoom right inta the 12. If that don't werk ya could hire Jake ta shoot yer shot fer ya depending on his price per 12 --- he'a a 12-shootin macheen.If that don't werk just ferget bout shootin 12's, n' just go fer 10's --- shoot (40) 10's every shoot, and y'all either win er place most a em. Other n' that, I don't see any problemo.other than apparently Clawed has found keeping his new secrets to hisself preserves his success --- ya know preserved like a "canned Cloud."

    I knew ya could eventually think a somethin important ta post ta git sum life back inta this board, which brings a question ta mind --- whose gonna keep this thang goin after us'all geezers tip over ??? --- Reason I asked cause we'll be too bizzy pushin up daisies someplace else !!!

    Comment


    • #3

      Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
      I knew ya could eventually think a somethin important ta post ta git sum life back inta this board, which brings a question ta mind --- whose gonna keep this thang goin after us'all geezers tip over ??? --- Reason I asked cause we'll be too bizzy pushin up daisies someplace else !!!
      Us younger greezers

      Comment


      • #4

        Originally posted by carlosii View Post
        I thought by now I'd be able to actually aim at those twelves and maybe even hit a few...seems like I'm goin' backwards instead...I gotta get Cloud to give me some lessons. Ol' Clawed has turned into a shootin' machine but he won't tell me his secret...maybe its that corn soup he makes in that still thing up behind the house...if it is, he ain't sharin'...all he'll share is that old stale tabaccy he keeps in a baggie in his back pocket.
        What seems to b your problem? Yardage? Or remembering the time? There's a calculation for yardage. Yeah, the stake number, times 2 divided by 3 plus 3 yards. If in doubt think 19 1/2 yards. The 1/2 yard thing is in honor of Ross Armstrong - 3D Times. As for Time, when that staked out critter is facing right figure the 12 ring around 6:30. If facing left the 12 is more 5:30......Course if yas shaking you could aim at 6:00 and maybe get a 12 coming or goin'.
        That terbacky Clawed has, could be Red Man. Juicy like it is, might be helping slip his hand good into the riser grip. Tried shooting with a wad of Red Man, but sort swells out my cheek and won't let me anchor to good. Ya ever tried to shoot and had to spit? Swallowerin' sure takes your mind offin' worryin" about hitting the target....

        Comment


        • #5
          Way to solve a spitting problem is like not punching that release. It's simply like learning to release without punching, and to chew without spitting. Haven't really got them solved, but am working on it. Holding without punching produces a sore shoulder, and chewing without spitting results in an upset stomach.
          Not spitting does give one experience in shooting at a moving target, and reduces the need to hold the pin from moving. Think I'm beginning to sound a lot like Elkie. (lol)

          Comment


          • #6
            Turned my draw length down a bit ( shorter) and that seems to have helped hold the pin a bit steadier....Elkie, what do you call that small scale ruler you were showing me last year at the Classic? I need to look for one...maybe.

            Comment


            • #7
              It's a stainless steel 6" ruler, that measures in 16ths, 32nds and 64ths. It is made by Stanley, and they sell them at Lowes. They only cost about $2.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
                It's a stainless steel 6" ruler, that measures in 16ths, 32nds and 64ths. It is made by Stanley, and they sell them at Lowes. They only cost about $2.

                Thanks, Elkie. Now if I can just remember how you said to use it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sent you a PM

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X