Cullman Hotels Price gouging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cullman Hotels Price gouging

Cant the ASA do something about this... If you book a hotel for tonight $80, try to book it for august 1, $140. Greedy people suck!

They had the same problem last year, but I thought something was done about it.

Comment

I booked a room for 2 nights at Americas Best Value Inn in Cullman on Price Line and I paid a total of $118.00. But I had called around before that and places were wanting $104 and up a night. I am glad I hooked up with Price Line. Everyone can go to www.priceline.com and maybe they can pick up a room there cheaper. Good luck.

Comment

I don't know if this is the last year for the contract with Cullman, but if it is, ASA will have little in the way of leverage on the local hotels. I booked through Travelocity for Hanceville...but I'd imagine they're pretty well sold out by now.

Comment

We have been doing everything we can to correct this issue. We initially entered into a three-year agreement with Cullman that includes our no price gouging clause. Unfortunately the hotel owners in Cullman have systematically refused to support their own community. We and the great people of Cullman apologize for the arrogance and greed of these hotel owners.

We will be meeting with these owners after the Classic. They will have the choice of dealing with us fairly and keeping rates in line. If they will not commit in writing to honoring a more favorable rate we will be telling them that they just lost out on hundreds of thousands of room night dollars over the next few years because they have been caught with their hooves in the trough and as the saying goes the pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.

Mike@ASA

Comment

Way to go mike that is what we like about Asa u r the best

Comment

Ditto to that, Older.

Comment

Like the phrase Mike! And appreciate the help!

Comment

Heard something about staying on sight in dorm like rooms, is this still available this year?

Comment

There are a few rooms left in the dorm that are available. A twin bed is $25.00 per night and you will need to bring your own bed linens, soap, shampoo, towels etc. The dorms aren't prepared for the new school year so they have nothing on hand. We have room for maybe 15 more men who would like to take advantage of this. Sorry we can't have women or children in this facility due to the communal hall bath arrangements.
                    You can also opt for the hot breakfast each morning for $5.00. All money is paid to ASA who will be responsible for settling up with the school.
                    Mike@ASA

Comment

This is our first year at Cullman. Our room is in Decatur. Is that a reasonable drive to the range?

Comment

Originally posted by just4fun View Post
                        This is our first year at Cullman. Our room is in Decatur. Is that a reasonable drive to the range?
                        We did this last year, it's about a 30-40 minute trip. Not ideal but we made it work...

Comment

I book a room for the weekend in town for 80 a night....normal price im use too

Comment

Originally posted by just4fun View Post
                            Might try Hanceville, it is south of Cullman about 10 miles, considerably cheaper than Cullman and closer than Decatur

Comment

• just4fun
                              just4fun commented
                              Editing a comment
                              We would like to stay in Decatur if we can make it work because I have points for a free room. We would only have to make two trips back and forth because we aren't arriving until Friday.

Yea I just looked and the days inn that is normally $49 a night is asking $120 a night. That is ridiculous if they want to treat us like that I think we should go somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                            X