PRO MASTER or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRO MASTER or

I was wondering-on a name pro Master Pro legend or pro senior masters or do you have another name that you think the great ones should have there class called looking for some really good input :-)

It's possible, that a class like this would really "fly", as there are a quite a few of shooters, that are in the "Senior Pro Class", that are getting to the age of "fermentation", and cannot really be competitive with the newcomers who are only 50yrs old.in which case as far as entry fees they are just becoming "donors".SOOO, as result, more and more of these older pro shooters will be filtering back into the older amateur classes. That being the case, the ASA then is seeing less revenue, because the amateur entry fees are so much less than the pro fees.

Bottomline, an older pro class would allow the older pro shooters a chance to once again become competitive, and at the same time revenues for the ASA would remain the same. ALSO, would create a class for some of the older amateurs who think they are of "pro ability status" to "move up" into a pro class of their own.

Very important here would be "what age" should pertain, and I would think "65yrs and over" would be most appropriate.

As far as a name, I think Pro Senior Masters" would be just fine.

Just my .02c worth..

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
      It's possible, that a class like this would really "fly", as there are a quite a few of shooters, that are in the "Senior Pro Class", that are getting to the age of "fermentation", and cannot really be competitive with the newcomers who are only 50yrs old.in which case as far as entry fees they are just becoming "donors".SOOO, as result, more and more of these older pro shooters will be filtering back into the older amateur classes. That being the case, the ASA then is seeing less revenue, because the amateur entry fees are so much less than the pro fees.

Bottomline, an older pro class would allow the older pro shooters a chance to once again become competitive, and at the same time revenues for the ASA would remain the same. ALSO, would create a class for some of the older amateurs who think they are of "pro ability status" to "move up" into a pro class of their own.

Very important here would be "what age" should pertain, and I would think "65yrs and over" would be most appropriate.

As far as a name, I think Pro Senior Masters" would be just fine.

Just my .02c worth..
      Once again Elkie you overpaid.

Comment

How about, "The Wheels Came Off And I'm Lookin' For An Easier Road" class?....TWCOAILFAER class for short.

Comment

Hey, if its gonna get some of them guys like Jake, R.e., Elkie, Pope, LayMar, and Mr. Willyums out of the Senior Master amateur hour i"m all for it...take Tommy along with ya.

Comment

How about, "Fallen Legends" ? or is that too harsh?

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
              Hey, if its gonna get some of them guys like Jake, R.e., Elkie, Pope, LayMar, and Mr. Willyums out of the Senior Master amateur hour i"m all for it...take Tommy along with ya.

I just realized...if you take everybody out of the Senior Masters class I'd still come in last!

Comment

I was thinking of just renaming our class I still want all the free stuff that comes with the pro handle gosh we got enough classes but just think of how many shooters we could get if it just had pro in it an we still would only pay 40 dollars an then maybe talk to mike an c if he would give us a senior discount :-)

Comment

My thinking is (course my thinker has a lot of wear and tear) when I see the difference in the entry fee required to obtain the Pro title, they deserve a few extra amenities which I can hardly call freebies, or free stuff. A larger payout also would be expected, and I would expect an increase in the entry fee.
                  In my opinion, the title of Pro Master, or Master Pro would sound more professional, but until my shooting abilities, along with my thinking abilities greatly improve, Who am I to even have an opinion. (lol)

Comment

I like the ones you mentioned fer possible pro class, except for me.--- I ain't thinkin a tryin ta be somebody I ain't. BTW, I was thinking the same way, which then might give "ME" a chance to win. Heck, I can hardly afford the $40 amateur entry fee for our class now --- pro class entry fee would be so far out in the boonies for me it is totally unthinkable.

"overpaid" ??? I ain't seen no outside additions to my coughers whatsoever --- just "sociable security", that's it n' that surely ain't bein overpaid !!!

At least we got this board otta the coughin agin anyway.

Comment

We could ask mike to give us a 25 % discount an have all the sponsors to put in a couple of thousand then we could div all that sponsor money with all the shooters in our class then we could b payed 1 thru 3 an every body else could shoot for free :-) ( just saying )

Comment

FREE !!! Now yer talkin' !!! ---- You da' man --- Thats even better n' a 25% discount. Also, I thoughta 2 gize Carlos fergot about --- Bob n' Charles ---- specially Charles ---- he been a hoggin the podium this year.waaaay too much. All I been a seein of the podium this year so far is "from a distabce" --- course the Classic always been my favorite.

Comment

How about, "The Wheels Came Off And I'm Lookin' For An Easier Road" class?....TWCOAILFAER class for short.
                          If yer wheels come off ---that means no more "meals on wheels" --- then how are ya eatin nowadays ???

Comment

Originally posted by Older View Post
                            We could ask mike to give us a 25 % discount an have all the sponsors to put in a couple of thousand then we could div all that sponsor money with all the shooters in our class then we could b payed 1 thru 3 an every body else could shoot for free :-) ( just saying )
                            NOW you're talkin'!!

Can't believe I might actually get a piece of the pie!!

Oh my, I sure hope Older's proposition gets some traction...I might have to change bows to get one of them fancy Pro Staff shirts...

(Wonder why Mike hasn't come out with a positive response.)

Comment

Working...
                            X