Senior Known

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Known

Other than the fact most us old 3D'ers tend to get a bit violent at the mere mention of "known distance" and 3D in the same paragraph..... Why not?

Maybe I'm off the mark and only a small fraction of us that are of Senior status aren't terrified of change.

Before any one starts throwing stones I'm just "discussing". I know there are already a LOT of classes. I know there is a limitation to how many courses can be set at tournament. I understand some folks have animosity towards Known distance 3D in general.........

I just wonder if "Senior Known" wouldn't draw some folks back that have the time and a maybe a little money to spend.

Did your Dad put you up to this post? LOL Give him my best wishes.

Comment

• KStig
      KStig commented
      Editing a comment
      No, though he may be interested in a Super Master Senior Known class. Actually he yardage guesses fairly well when he practices it.
      Actually I'm a "Senior" now.
      Will do......

Seems to me this subject has been beaten to death in the past.

Comment

• KStig
      KStig commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, didn't know that "Senior Known" had been "beat to death". Consider this a postmortem review..............

Yeah, it's been "chewed" on. Perhaps this; Some 15 clubs and 3 indoors (2 shoot 3D) ranges within about a hour's drive of my home. One club, Galesburg (ASA), has had a range finder class for a few years. Our club, BDA (ASA), just started one this year... I think there were -3- entered in our last 3D.

Comment

I don't think this subject has been chewed at all! The Super S. used to have judging the first day and known the second day and that has been discussed. But a separate known yardage class for seniors has never been discussed as far as I know. If it had been discussed I would have been all for it. ...................... We have Senior Hunter, Senior Women, and 3 men's senior classes so why not a Senior Known.

Comment

I voted No the last time and will do so here.....

Comment

Probably should keep this under wraps...but I find it hard to keep a secret.
          Look for a new geezer class that will be self-defining.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
            ~~
            Maybe this new geezer class will help those of us who no longer work, and now have the time to practice judging yardage, and shooting. Also, if this this new class should allow us to have someone else to shoot for us, we would have more time for advising on the need for more classes.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post

Stir, Stir, Stir --- and uses a "shovel" instead of a "ladle" !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyThomas View Post
                I voted No the last time and will do so here.....

I vote NO as well.

Comment

Where's "Older" ??? --- I figured he'd be jumpin all over this !!!

Comment

I am hear just reading I caint judge worth a crap but like to guess how for it is my guess is always correct but rang official set the target wrong I need to talk to them but to get back to the know distant if I remember on supper senior range they done a poll on 1/2 1/2 r all unknown I think they were 4 wanted 1/2 1/2 one did not matter an 50 something that wanted all unknown I am not sure what a senior group would want fo me I think we should call our self the pro master class with a 30 dollar registered fee an all free bows an arrows just saying

Comment

"Words a Wisdon" --- Thats why they call em "Older" --- "sage comes with age" ---- course its also used in turkey dressin !!!

Comment

Dang it, Older! You done let the cat out of the bag. I was hopin' we could keep that between the two of us.

Comment

Actially, Pro Masters gotta perty dastinkwished ring to it, but jeepers it'd be a small class --- Jake, Bob, Older, Lamar, Roy n' Tommy --- we could call em "The ASA 6pk" !!! I think I would have to vote NO on that though, because it would just be taking shooters away from the Senior Masters Class kinda like a "Senior Known Class" would.

Comment

Working...
                          X