Senior Known

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KStig View Post
    I understand that all the guys that have spent years shooting only yardage guessing 3D (most of us) don't support Known distance 3D. If you are successful in yardage guessing classes and aren't concerned with the growth of 3D there is NO reason to support Known distance 3D in a senior class. Unless you care about the health of archery in general.

From a business stand point ignoring empty nesters that have more disposal income and time than any other demographic seems foolish.

From the stand point of supporting and growing archery in general it seems foolish to ignore a popular and growing segment of 3D and that is the Known distance classes.

The folks currently in the Known classes are aging. There WILL be a Senior Known class and I bet it will exist not too far into the future.
    Come on, Kent, don't lay that "health of archery or growing archery" on us. The biggest distraction from archery on the national level is cost and time. Only so many people have the resources to compete on the national level. I don't know all that goes with the Known classes, but I have shot K45 (with permission) when actually a Super Senior. I think I took a 2nd once of 2 or 3 times. 65 years old and I still compete against Adults at local clubs. Maybe I'm more healthy than others my age, but sure don't feel health. I've got more aches and ouchies than I want. If I wanted I'd shoot K45. If by ASA rules, unless one or two hiding somewhere, I could shoot Known Open C. It's a 40 yard class just like Super Senior. Sure, ASA state shoots are just that, but had I shot Known Open C this past weekend I would have won and not used a Range Finder. Top Open C won with a 290 and I shot a 291 for the win in Super Senior.

This 40, 45, and 50 Known stuff....I go to a club event I better be ready for 50 and 55 yards. Yeah, ASA clubs for a club 3D around me will stick a target out there. It's really a chuckle thing, all these 40 and under yardage classes and the vast majority of all ASA shooters in my area shoot 45 and 50 yards without so much as blink of a eye. I can name 5 in Bow Novice that do the same thing, shoot 45 and 50 yards at the clubs in my area. Figure 15 3D clubs within a hour's drive of my house and as I noted earlier, only -2- ASA clubs have a Range Finder class and neither have more than 5 shoot in the class. ??? I think only one club uses ASA classes and stakes.

Comment

I personally know 2 men who claim they would shoot a senior known distance class. But they refuse to come shoot against the 25 year old eyes and 25 year old hand-eye coordination. I think it would bring in more outside shooters but I have no way to prove it. If Mike needs proof then whats the point of discussing it anymore. Sometimes you just have to take a chance if you think something might work and would promote the sport. I don't see how a Senior Known Yardage Class could miss. And, yes it would take some shooters from the SS and the SM classes. I will bet that in a couple years a SKYC would be larger than the SS class is now. That's just MHO!

Comment

I think there should be a Senior Known class. It would be nice to know how many of the regular K45 shooters are 50 years old and older. I know there is few of the K50 shooters that are old enough to shoot in the senior classes. And you guys who are voting no to the senior known class. What does it matter to you if there is a senior know class? You are not going to shoot in it anyway! And if ASA having a senior know class brings a few new shooters and keeps some of the excising shooters from quitting, is that not a good thing?!

Comment

I guess you guys that usually finish at the top realize that if you dilute the pool of shooters by creating another class, you're gonna be cuttin' into your payday.
          (Is you listenin' Jake? Older? Bob? Roy? Lamar? and the rest of you 12 shooters?)
          I guess it would move me a bit up the ladder...which I really need.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
            I guess you guys that usually finish at the top realize that if you dilute the pool of shooters by creating another class, you're gonna be cuttin' into your payday.
            (Is you listenin' Jake? Older? Bob? Roy? Lamar? and the rest of you 12 shooters?)
            I guess it would move me a bit up the ladder...which I really need.

Think of it this way. It's scary at the top and at the bottom you don't have far to fall

Comment

Oh Sonny...that's harsh

Comment

Wow .well has any body ask Asa to start this class .does anybody know 2 people that will come an shoot if this class is started that is not already shooting Asa

Comment

What would be the age cutoff?

Comment

I'd vote for 60 being the cut off age.

Comment

Kent is proposing 50.

Comment

I detect a small technical difference ---- "50" and over would be "Senior Known" -------- "60" and over would be "Super Senior Masters Known" --- ???

Comment

I would vote to be 76

Comment

Over 106'd be better yet --- then there'd be no technical problems whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
                              Oh Sonny...that's harsh
                              Dang, Carlos, where do you want to fall from, at the top of the ladder or the near the bottom?

Comment

Just saying Senior, the class would have to be 50 thru 59 years of age... Just look at the number of Known and 50/50 classes. I guess it's like the Faster generation not wanting to turn down their Fire breathing bows to compete in ASA - Yeah, people not wanting to change their bows to compete in one of the many Known and 50/50 classes.

Is a Known Senior coming? Probably.... 45 yards, right? Still, if someone hasn't competed in K45, what's their gripe? Sure, if they got their butt whipped... What Senior (s) got his or their butt whipped shooting K45?

Comment

Working...
                                X