Score card differences.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score card differences.

First off this is merely a question on rules, nothing of this pertains to any recent situation. Though it did bring this to mind.

So the question is, in the rules is there a procedure for handling discrepancy between the official card and the white card? That being said if you aren't the score keeper for either and there was a discrepancy between the two. What is the rule or procedure? If this is in the rules just point me in the right direction, if not maybe it needs to be addressed now not later.

Sent from me probably driving down the road. To busy to stop and read the roses.

That's what the running total is for. You check it at the target as you go.

Comment

Say it wasn't checked. That's what I'm getting at what rule discusses the actual procedures for score keeping.

Sent from me probably driving down the road. To busy to stop and read the roses.

Comment

Doug --- It is a "common sense" procedure. As the arrow scores are called, each scorekeeper enters the score on their set of cards, and one of the scorekeepers calls out the score he wrote down for that particular target, and then says the running total he arrived at. This procedure repeats itself as each target is shot. If at any time the other scorekeeper does not agree with your running total that throws up a flag to double check additions.

Comment

Score card differences.

I get that but we may do it one way and someone else do it another. Not every group I've shot in does it this way and even had people not do running score. Point being this happened to me in Fla.

Comment

That's where you should show leadership, and get everyone pointed in the right direction --- don't just stand there and let things happen wrong --- make things happen right. Eventually, common sense should prevail, and if someone still doesn't "get it", and they themselves run into a problem --- well, then they might have to pay the piper with some points loss in the end --- I'd be willing to bet. that they would "get it" then.

Comment

There is no written procedure for maintaining the white card. It is actually provided as a courtesy and most groups have the scorekeepers handle them along with the official card. In the end it is the responsibility of the shooter to confirm and attest to his score. Based on some recent issues, I would be very careful if someone is maintaining their own white card and then claiming that their card is correct at the end unless it was being compared with the official card from the start.
              Mike@ASA
              Last edited by Mike@ASA; 04-10-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

"The Man" has spoken !!!

Comment

I always keep the white cards...cause I'm bound to screw it up somewhere within 20 targets.

Comment

Just foller the "UNwritten Procedure".

Comment

The most uncommon thing is common sense.
                      Last edited by carlosii; 04-09-2014, 11:38 AM.

Comment

And if you make a mistake strike thru it and initial it. That will solve a lot of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdplace View Post
                          And if you make a mistake strike thru it and initial it. That will solve a lot of issues.
                          There ain't a whole lot of room for the cross out and then initial.
                          Never had any real problems keeping score. Just check the running total after each target for each shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
                            There ain't a whole lot of room for the cross out and then initial.
                            Never had any real problems keeping score. Just check the running total after each target for each shooter.
                            We do it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                            X