Bow Junky podcast with ASA Pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow Junky podcast with ASA Pros

After listening to both of the podcast, I am still confused as to the Bow Junky representative trying to explain why he refused to take a picture of the arrow. My feeling is that if photographing requires permission from ASA, and if spectators are not to follow shooters to the target, then was bowjunky at the target as a photographer or a spectator? My opinion is that a simple photo showing meat, or the arrow touching would have been a service provided to the followers of Bow Junky. Just my opinion, but I would rather see a photo of the arrow than that photo of someone drinking beer. Also if the officials of Bow Junky are permitted to the target, It is my feeling that they should be there as a photographer only. (just my .02)

Good points, Clawed. I too thought the "explanation" was pretty weak.

Comment

Jeff said it was water under the bridge and to move on.

Comment

Sonny, surely you're not advocating censorship for poor ol' Clawed and me, are you?

Comment

Nope. Just what Jeff afterwards..... And keeping you two quiet...... Ask me to shoot a 300/60X, it'd be easier

Comment

I did listen to the interview with Jeff and the others. I'm not sure how much the interviews settled, but it did sound as if Jeff was still not real happy about the whole incident.

But sincs I don't have a hound in the fight I'll just leave it at that.

Comment

Well, if keeping members quite is one of the priorities of previous post, then I can only reply that my feelings have only been strengthened to the point that I'll just have to respond.
              Never thought of my mentioning Bow Junky's podcast explanation of his refusal to take a picture would be considered as fanning a flame, but my post only mentioned that I felt it would have been a service to their viewers.
              Not being there, and not knowing any of the people in the group, I was not in anyway taking sides of the controversial arrow call. My post was only pertaining to the interview leaving me with mixed feelings, as it appeared that Bow Junky was taking sides.
              Now as I feel that, before the group was interviewed, one of the members was permitted to give his version of the situation, leaving the possibility that the second interview was guided toward the previous interview rather then the actual situation.
              Being fully aware of the followers of Bow Junky, and their appreciation of their contribution to the sport, and that includes me as well, the suggestion to be quite and move on may have been the proper thing to do. Guess I'm just not the silent type.

Comment

No flames here. Not sure, just too much flack still going, but I understand Jeff just wanted to let it go. And that picture floating around on Facebook and AT supposedly mimicking the way the said arrow was in the target that started everything. Just too much rattling and now said is foam was missing. A almost near new "target and one arrow" mimic thing... I just don't believe you can duplicate the actual target/arrow.... I pointed this out twice on AT and no one gave one hoot about the fake target/arrow. They just want to chew....

Didn't mean to offend anyone... I had a smiley attached....

Comment

Working...
                X