Shooting Staggering Stake Methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting Staggering Stake Methods

Well, we have now tested two different methods of "staggering stakes", and was wondering which method y'all preferred

At Newberry, it was the "every other stake" method --- amount of walking distance was very minimal, it went very smooth, and eliminated "walking off the next target" .

At Ft Benning, it was back and forth, and forth and back, and up and down and down and up across the road --- although this method also accomplished not being able to walk off the target next to you, your next stake was not directly across the road from the one you just shot --- you had to go hunt for it --- this caused a lot of confusion, extra walking, and time. This method did however,have the benefit (from a social standpoint) of shooting next to a different group at almost every target, so you saw, and got to talk to more different people than you normally would have.

Overall, I preferred the "Newberry Method"

What's y'alls thoughts ???

If you noticed there were more stakes on the left side than the right. That was something that could not be avoided. That's why they were not directly across from each other.

As long as I could spot LP's hat I never got lost.

Comment

Either way suites me. I just hope Mike can continue staggering at any method. What surprises me more is the fact that I shot 2 fives and 1 X yet still finished in 3rd place only 5 points out of 1st. Am I that good / Am I that bad?????? .......... Am I lucky or unlucky???? Or maybe everyone else target panicked an arrow over the top of a target also! Maybe ole Grip n Rip is working / or not! ......... I'm soooooooooo confused!

Comment

I got sort of got separated from my group a few times fighting the crowds while crossing the road, but those bright new Dragon stabs in my group served as a homing beacon. I could just follow the glow of those pretty Dragons.

Comment

I liked either way but.I personally liked shooting the phenix way as you get to c more of the other shooters I hope we get to shoot both day that way.

Comment

Yup --- "Bernies' Boyz" were the leaders --- we just played "follow the leader", although there were a few dozen detours, lefts, rights, about-faces, etc. as I recall.

Jake --- I am confused as well --- remember we "shared poverty" on the same target on Sunday --- target panic don't necessarily just send them over the top ya know !!! --- However, I didn't notice us "sharing any riches" on Saturday --- seems somewhat lopsided to me --- I am really confused.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
              I got sort of got separated from my group a few times fighting the crowds while crossing the road, but those bright new Dragon stabs in my group served as a homing beacon. I could just follow the glow of those pretty Dragons.
              The glow you were following may not have been coming from the "stabs" but rather the high tech confusion racing through my conscientiousness trying to understand the decision I made after Bernie's fast talking sales pitch. The fire breathing Dragon was in my head and that was where the glow originated. In other words Bernie's fishing expedition was very successful and I was not the only Sucker landed this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
                Yup --- "Bernies' Boyz" were the leaders --- we just played "follow the leader", although there were a few dozen detours, lefts, rights, about-faces, etc. as I recall.

Jake --- I am confused as well --- remember we "shared poverty" on the same target on Sunday --- target panic don't necessarily just send them over the top ya know !!! --- However, I didn't notice us "sharing any riches" on Saturday --- seems somewhat lopsided to me --- I am really confused.
                Didn't seem that way at the time but looking back that was really pretty funny. "Grip n Rip" high and "Grip n Rip " low on the same deer. What a gas!!!

Comment

We should leave this to us younger folks.....we dont get confused and dont forget what target we just shot...or what order....

Comment

Bhtr3d makin' funny again...them young studlies couldn't find their way to the port-a-johns without us.

Comment

Carlos --- all they gotta do is foller their noses !!!

Comment

Prefer the Newbury method, At Ft Benning I felt there was too much twisting /turning.

Comment

Working...
                        X