Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SonnyThomas
    replied
    Florida Warm Up. Strikes a memory cord.... Was down there in '73. Daytona Speed Week, motorcyles races, me there for the Alligator 200 Enduro. Got use to warm weather....and then that dang ocean breeze would come in at night or early morning....We was a grabbing for sweaters, jackets and blankets to keep from freezin'....Still shivering when the Enduro began that morning....riding on grapefruit rocks, dang desert ain't got as much sand as Florida, swamps....Afraid to slow down for a gator might get me....Riding along in a ditch...Looked kinda funny and then realized it was a plow furl about shoulder high. Ya, plow so big a dozer pulled it. Ya ever see them pine tree fields? Dirt peaks 5 and 6 feet high and we had to whoopity dew across 'em. My kidneys still ache thinking about it. Enduro over out in the middle of nowhere and given a paper to get us to the club tent... Got there, stopped....Well, just sort let my scooter fall over...me with it...They let us recover and the next morning presented awards....Half beat to death, motorcyle all but junk and a marble base stand up trophy for 3rd place to show for it. Still gots the trophy....

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    Hey --- a "news alert" just comin in --- the Geezer Bowls gonna also be a ASA "state qualifier", and its now official, that the 2014 Florida State shoot is gonna be July 19th & 20th in Tallahassee ---- SOOOOOOO, go git qualified tip toein thru the tulips @ Timmys' "Shake n' Bake" n' then yer qualified for the state championship shoot in July --- word is its gonna be sum stiff competition there this year.

There, that outta git me steak#1

Leave a comment:

• bhtr3d
    replied
    You do realize I control what stake you start on for the geezerfest....

Leave a comment:

• C.Roberts
    replied
    Elkie, you were probably like me. We were just lucky to have one spouse, let alone two, and one can put enough knots on your head, especially if they pay any attention to Tim. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    UH UH !!! --- Nevva hoppen.

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    Originally posted by bhtr3d View Post
    Oh I am so sorry.....I got her name wrong.....holding my head low.....sorry valerie
    you never know about ol' Elkie...he might have passed through Utah back in the old days and picked up an extra spouse....who knows?

Leave a comment:

• bhtr3d
    replied
    Oh I am so sorry.....I got her name wrong.....holding my head low.....sorry valerie

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    Got a call from Clawed this mornin as he was passin thru Valdosta on their way to their winter sugar shack --- come find out were only about 1hr to 1 1/2hrs apart --- ya'd never know he was a retired teacher the way he talks --- his english is atroshius.

The worst part a are comin down ta the Geezer Bowl is that we can't leave the kids home alone overnight, so we'd hafta take the camper, but then there's too big a gap tween it n' the Newberry ASA shoot. We ain't ruled it out yet --- I'm sure it will be a last minute decision, and the weather bein a major facter.

Valerie and I know we have a place to wickie up if we come down. There is another possibility of room n' boardin the kids out, and then us just goin down in are 40mpg car. It's 3hrs 45min down there fer us.

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
    Ifun I wuss uh mine tu I cud hep yuins widt yer anglish. Butt ull jist leef Elkie tuh duh thet.
    easy for you to say...

Leave a comment:

• bhtr3d
    replied
    Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
    Ifun I wuss uh mine tu I cud hep yuins widt yer anglish. Butt ull jist leef Elkie tuh duh thet.
    You have way too much time ...lol. Looking too see y'all in a month. And for the old elk....no backing out we have places for you an Shirley to stay I'm sure

Leave a comment:

• C.Roberts
    replied

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    don't you mean anglish and poof reeding
    that's more like it...i knowed you had it in ya.

Leave a comment:

• bhtr3d
    replied
    Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
    It's never too late fer anythin er anybuddy --- he just needs to attend Elkies skool a English and Proof Reading --- I REALLY prefer "100 Proof" maself --- daaang, druuuunk agin !!!
    don't you mean anglish and poof reeding

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    It's never too late fer anythin er anybuddy --- he just needs to attend Elkies skool a English and Proof Reading --- I REALLY prefer "100 Proof" maself --- daaang, druuuunk agin !!!

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    Hes from Indiana. ...that makes it too easy......look at who he has from his state....thost two stick bow shooters....Buzz. ..an .Dan.....
    i'll be sure to share that with Darrin and Gary Studt and Scott Starnes and Jake and Bob and the Buzzard and the Bear...boy are you in trouble now.

(P.S. its "those" not "thost"...i know 3rd grade's hard, bhtr3d but you're just gonna have to try harder.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X