Geezer Wake Up Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geezer Wake Up Call

At my age (pushing 72 years old) is a pretty hard push. Bones and joints needing some of that Florida sunshine, mind and muscles are suffering from 3D withdrawals, practice rounds showing a need for lots of work and my interest is fading fast. Guess the best thing would be to make it on down south in about a month, and start my winter training program to prepare for the 2014 Master Geezer Championship and Gainesville Pro/Am. Sorry if this geezer warning causes all you hotshot 12 shooting geezers any discomfort or loss of sleep, but just thought it better not to spring such information on you all sudden like, but I will be there.....Claude

Don't hafta wake me up I'm always "en garde'" !!! I will be starting my preparation (not H either) this weekend. Ya know Clawed y'all don't hafta push that 72 cause it'll come whether ya push it er not --- I'm justa couple months shy maself. Bein only 6 miles north a Florida seems ta me we share the same sunshine --- feels good don't it !!! I'm fixin ta have ma bow perty tricked out in time fer Newberry.

Comment

so, Clawed, how's the new back tension working out? is the padgett method still working for you? i think maybe i need to make some changes and that might be one of them.

i tried shooting with both eyes open the other day...what a comedy of errors that turned out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
        so, Clawed, how's the new back tension working out? is the padgett method still working for you? i think maybe i need to make some changes and that might be one of them.

i tried shooting with both eyes open the other day...what a comedy of errors that turned out to be.
        Good idea there Carlosii. Maybe I should try shooting with my eyes open, for shooting with them closed sure doesn't seem to be very good as far as making my groups any smaller. Can't seem to find arrows that miss the target.
        Oh, the Padgett method has caused me to quit shooting groups, as he said I would. Destroyed so many arrows that it was getting expensive, so now shoot different spots.
        Last edited by C.Roberts; 10-30-2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I hear ya on that shootin with both eyes open stuff Carlos --- my wife started doing it about 8 or 9yrs ago, and it worked out well for her --- I then tried it, and didn't know if I was going to hit the bag or not from shot to shot. I felt like I was shootin cross-eyed like a cricket.

Comment

Had a friend of mine, come by the other day and asked me why I still shoot a wrist strap instead of trying all of the back tension releases that every body else keeps trying I told him they r still looking for what I have already found (just saying)

Comment

Originally posted by Older View Post
              Had a friend of mine, come by the other day and asked me why I still shoot a wrist strap instead of trying all of the back tension releases that every body else keeps trying I told him they r still looking for what I have already found (just saying)
              can't argue with success....but how do you sleep with that thing strapped on like that?

Comment

Each shooter should use whatever works best for him/her. For many years I shot a wrist caliper release for both hunting and 3D. Then, along came target panic, and I couldn't shake it. I then switched to a BT --- TRU Ball Sweetspot 4-Spot when it first came out, and have been using it for both hunting and 3D ever since. Another thing about using a certain BT release is that you can gain draw length over use of the much longer wrist caliper type release --- just sayin'.

Comment

Use a red neck repair kit (duck tape it down)

Comment

What is a target panic does the target say boo r (something)

Comment

Elkie why do u need a longer draw my god your draw is 5 in longer than the rest of us

Comment

That longer draw facilitates the launching of those BIG FAT X-Jammers I shoot at 282fps at only 53 to 54# of draw weight, that in turn git me mo points upon scoring of the target.

Target Panic is "fear a yer life" when ya git skeered a the small size a some a them targets n' wanna make sure y'all git it before it gits y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
                          Target Panic is "fear a yer life" when ya git skeered a the small size a some a them targets n' wanna make sure y'all git it before it gits y'all.
                          For me target panic is so embarrassing, with the loud noise of my knees nocking together, the wild flapling around of my stabilizer, as well as the trembling of my bow arm, with my face red from lack of oxygen, not to mention my watering eyes making it hard to see the target. Other than those little things, I don't have much of a problem with target panic, except when I'm at the stake.

Comment

That sounds like pin panic that is what me ken an a few more have

Comment

"Pin Panic" --- now that's a new one fer archery --- I ain't had that since I quit bowling !!! --- Older, are you sure you got all yer ducks lined up in a row here ???

Clawed --- I think y'all need some tutoring on TP (not toilet paper either). When y'all come South ya might stop in at Elkies Ranch fer some lessons --- there's a cure for everything y'all got wrong with ya --- ya know alla them lil' things ya talk about --- limbsavers'll cure that knee noise n' stabilizer flap --- a cast on yer bow arm'll stop it from trembling --- pack an oxygen bottle on yer back n' have an IV setup for direct injection into yer juggler vein'll take care a the red face --- n' then just pack a cryin towel fer those watery eyes --- SEE, there, we got ya all fixed up already, so ya'll be all ready fer Newberry.

Comment

Working...
                              X