X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carlosii
    replied
    Originally posted by n2bows View Post
    I think as the K45ers and K50ers get older. There will eventually become a need for a Known Seniors class.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    you could be on to something there n2bows. i do think the folks who dominate the senior classes would probably continue to dominate...but...?

Leave a comment:

• n2bows
    replied
    I think as the K45ers and K50ers get older. There will eventually become a need for a Known Seniors class.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SonnyThomas
    replied
    I don't know. At 64 I shoot in regular Adult at club 3Ds. I like picking on the "kids."

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    "50" ??? --- I started dropping off at 40 !!! As I seem to remember, and I might be wrong, BUT, back in the late 80's, or early 90's, the IBO started it off, and did some kind of a study, and came up with, that 50 was the age when both the eyes, muscles, etc started to deterioration. A senior class was apparently wanted, and they had to start it somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    Originally posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    This age 50 thing.... Why 50? Is there some information laying around that says 50 is the drop off point? The NFAA just lowered Senior Adult to 50 and I wasn't all that happy about it. Maybe it's some sort of conspiracy. Maybe the "kids" are trying to make us feel older than we are.
    we don't care how the weenies at the NFAA do it...

Leave a comment:

• SonnyThomas
    replied
    This age 50 thing.... Why 50? Is there some information laying around that says 50 is the drop off point? The NFAA just lowered Senior Adult to 50 and I wasn't all that happy about it. Maybe it's some sort of conspiracy. Maybe the "kids" are trying to make us feel older than we are.

Leave a comment:

• bhtr3d
    replied
    I deleted it
    Last edited by bhtr3d; 10-10-2013, 03:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 3-D Quest
    replied
    jacoserv,
    I feel the same way as you about it. No way you or anyone over 50 can truly compete on a regular basis with a group of eagle eyed youngsters.
    I personally think the .50/.50 leveled the playing field! It gave those who didn't judge so well, but may have been a decent shooter, a chance to be competitive. Which I think is real the reason it wasn't popular, because it pointed out the weak shooters. The .50/.50 game was exciting and tested all your skills. And, on top of that, it usually gave you at least an 1/2 hr head start on your way home on Sundays.
    I also agree Mike was ahead of his time, and say if he's gonna' start a geezer known distance class, make it 50 and over! Not 60! I'll be second in line!

Leave a comment:

• jacoserv
    replied
    I'm not sure my 2 cents are worth 2 cents but here it is anyway. If there is a vote to be taken again, I will vote the same way I did back then and that is I love to shoot the known yardage and I would love even more ½ and ½. ............. And B-4 you all start cry'in to send me to the known 45 class remember this, the known 45 has no age limit and I don't intend to put my old eyeballs and 70+ hand-eye coordination up against a class full of 25 year olds. ......... However if Mike would start a 60 and over known yardage class, you can bet I'd be the first to sign up. And I know several others that would follow. My personal opinion now is that when Mike started the ½ and ½ a few years ago he was just a few years ahead of his time. I think the vote would be a lot closer at this time. But this all being said I have been known to be wrong once. Well! Maybe twice. Okay! Most of the d___ time. But I still vote for KY.

Leave a comment:

• SonnyThomas
    replied
    Originally posted by bhtr3d View Post
    Sonny, You do remember that I have told you, that the federation rules mirror the national ASA Pro/Am rules....This change happend for everyone last year.
    Yes. Why I had; "this was changed prior to the ASA changing the Federation rules" I should have added, this year.

Okay, we had half and half for the first 2 years I shot. Chuck changed it the year he took over as Director. And then ASA "mirrored" the rules this year.

Not skirting the issue; Area Rep present, several past and present club officers present in the discussion unknown and known yardage. Majority said to leave things as they were. Area Rep, shoots on the national circuit, wants National rules applied to State. So those on the National circuit got their way.
    You call it what you want and I'll call what I want.

Leave a comment:

• Older
    replied
    U know that class has grown a lot an I am really glad for it their r a lot of younger guys that come in an caint multi task like usses can when they get older they may can grow in to it wait a min I have got to take a breath now what was I saying o well " just saying"it is how far ?

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    Clawed --- if yer pin is floatin that much y'all had better take the life jacket offa yer sight !!!

Carlos --- Y'all could leave 11 days early for WDW, and reeeeally take yer time gettin there !!!

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    First off I really don't think Older can't judge yardage any more than I think Jake, Elkie, Roy, and some others can't judge yardage. I think I'm bein' spoofed on that score. Besides, I know for a fact, known or unknown they's still put a decent whoppin' on folks like me.

Second I have noticed the K45 and K50 have grown quite a bit. Maybe I just dreamed it up, but haven't changes been made to the other open classes that expand known yardage in some?

(This is what happens when a geezer gets bored and is left in his cage, alone, too long.)

Leave a comment:

• C.Roberts
    replied
    Known yardage doesn't help much, when my pin floats an area that's larger than the target.

Leave a comment:

• Older
    replied
    Stir pot stir

Leave a comment:

Working...
X