Senior Masters All Known Yardage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Masters All Known Yardage

Wondering how many of the senior masters shooters would favor a change from all unknown to all known yardage, or half and half.

The known yardage classes seem to be generating some numbers and that brings up the question, would the senior masters class benefit by moving from all unknown. Would it generate more participation in the class? Would it have any impact on the results we usually see in that class?

Just a thought.

Maybe "1"--- "2" on the high side !!! I think it is just fine just the way it is. I seem to recall it was around 2007, or 08, that the ASA made a bunch of classes 1/2 and 1/2. It lasted 2yrs as I recall, and a vote was taken in the Senior, and Super Senior Class, that resulted in something like 56 AGAINST 1/2 and 1/2, and only like 9 in favor in the Super Seniors alone. The Senior Class also voted to change back to all "unknown".This subject was a horse beat to death back then, and I doubt very seriously if Mike would want to see that horse revived. I think a change back to 1/2 and 1/2 would see the class SHRINK !!! Anyone wanting to shoot known yardage has the option to shoot either "known 40, or known 50".

Comment

I agree elkie we have been down that road before an I think u r high on the for it number on the vote "jest saying "

Comment

Half and half througout was accepted in my area for State events as it much mirrored the NFAA 3D Championship and Rendezvous. Of course this was changed prior to the ASA changing the Federation rules and by a mere handful who shot on the National circuit. This can not be confirmed as no petition for or vote was taken.
        I didn't care myself as I've always shot unknown with exception of when competing in the NFAA now defunct IAA 3D Championship.
        There you go, shoot 'em, don't shoot 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyThomas View Post
          Half and half througout was accepted in my area for State events as it much mirrored the NFAA 3D Championship and Rendezvous. Of course this was changed prior to the ASA changing the Federation rules and by a mere handful who shot on the National circuit. This can not be confirmed as no petition for or vote was taken.
          I didn't care myself as I've always shot unknown with exception of when competing in the NFAA now defunct IAA 3D Championship.
          There you go, shoot 'em, don't shoot 'em.
          Sonny, You do remember that I have told you, that the federation rules mirror the national ASA Pro/Am rules....This change happend for everyone last year.

Comment

I'm thinking....I can appreciate what Elkie and Older say because they are among the best at judging yardage and it shows in the results. Anybody else out there with an opinion?

I'm too lazy to look it up, but are not some classes making changes that will result in more known yardage for them?

(I have nothing else to do, so I thought I'd stir the pot...nothing personal.)

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
              I'm thinking....I can appreciate what Elkie and Older say because they are among the best at judging yardage and it shows in the results. Anybody else out there with an opinion?

I'm too lazy to look it up, but are not some classes making changes that will result in more known yardage for them?

(I have nothing else to do, so I thought I'd stir the pot...nothing personal.)
              Not that I am aware of......They did have some rider in the rules I pre-read.... Anyone over the age of 62 and reside in the state of Indiana, and make trips south for trips to for example Walt Disney World...and compete in the GeezerFest....will have to shoot from the walking path for each target. I think that is how it this rider was word for word....

Comment

Carlos u have me mixed up with some one else I ain't never ben able to judge but I will guess a lot. now elkie him do no how to judge but personal I would love to guess than shoot know "just saying"

Comment

Stir pot stir

Comment

Known yardage doesn't help much, when my pin floats an area that's larger than the target.

Comment

First off I really don't think Older can't judge yardage any more than I think Jake, Elkie, Roy, and some others can't judge yardage. I think I'm bein' spoofed on that score. Besides, I know for a fact, known or unknown they's still put a decent whoppin' on folks like me.

Second I have noticed the K45 and K50 have grown quite a bit. Maybe I just dreamed it up, but haven't changes been made to the other open classes that expand known yardage in some?

(This is what happens when a geezer gets bored and is left in his cage, alone, too long.)

Comment

Clawed --- if yer pin is floatin that much y'all had better take the life jacket offa yer sight !!!

Carlos --- Y'all could leave 11 days early for WDW, and reeeeally take yer time gettin there !!!

Comment

U know that class has grown a lot an I am really glad for it their r a lot of younger guys that come in an caint multi task like usses can when they get older they may can grow in to it wait a min I have got to take a breath now what was I saying o well " just saying"it is how far ?

Comment

Originally posted by bhtr3d View Post
                            Sonny, You do remember that I have told you, that the federation rules mirror the national ASA Pro/Am rules....This change happend for everyone last year.
                            Yes. Why I had; "this was changed prior to the ASA changing the Federation rules" I should have added, this year.

Okay, we had half and half for the first 2 years I shot. Chuck changed it the year he took over as Director. And then ASA "mirrored" the rules this year.

Not skirting the issue; Area Rep present, several past and present club officers present in the discussion unknown and known yardage. Majority said to leave things as they were. Area Rep, shoots on the national circuit, wants National rules applied to State. So those on the National circuit got their way.
                            You call it what you want and I'll call what I want.

Comment

I'm not sure my 2 cents are worth 2 cents but here it is anyway. If there is a vote to be taken again, I will vote the same way I did back then and that is I love to shoot the known yardage and I would love even more ½ and ½. ............. And B-4 you all start cry'in to send me to the known 45 class remember this, the known 45 has no age limit and I don't intend to put my old eyeballs and 70+ hand-eye coordination up against a class full of 25 year olds. ......... However if Mike would start a 60 and over known yardage class, you can bet I'd be the first to sign up. And I know several others that would follow. My personal opinion now is that when Mike started the ½ and ½ a few years ago he was just a few years ahead of his time. I think the vote would be a lot closer at this time. But this all being said I have been known to be wrong once. Well! Maybe twice. Okay! Most of the d___ time. But I still vote for KY.

Comment

Working...
                              X