Senior Masters All Known Yardage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jacoserv,
    I feel the same way as you about it. No way you or anyone over 50 can truly compete on a regular basis with a group of eagle eyed youngsters.
    I personally think the .50/.50 leveled the playing field! It gave those who didn't judge so well, but may have been a decent shooter, a chance to be competitive. Which I think is real the reason it wasn't popular, because it pointed out the weak shooters. The .50/.50 game was exciting and tested all your skills. And, on top of that, it usually gave you at least an 1/2 hr head start on your way home on Sundays.
    I also agree Mike was ahead of his time, and say if he's gonna' start a geezer known distance class, make it 50 and over! Not 60! I'll be second in line!

Comment

I deleted it
      Last edited by bhtr3d; 10-10-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

This age 50 thing.... Why 50? Is there some information laying around that says 50 is the drop off point? The NFAA just lowered Senior Adult to 50 and I wasn't all that happy about it. Maybe it's some sort of conspiracy. Maybe the "kids" are trying to make us feel older than we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyThomas View Post
          This age 50 thing.... Why 50? Is there some information laying around that says 50 is the drop off point? The NFAA just lowered Senior Adult to 50 and I wasn't all that happy about it. Maybe it's some sort of conspiracy. Maybe the "kids" are trying to make us feel older than we are.
          we don't care how the weenies at the NFAA do it...

Comment

"50" ??? --- I started dropping off at 40 !!! As I seem to remember, and I might be wrong, BUT, back in the late 80's, or early 90's, the IBO started it off, and did some kind of a study, and came up with, that 50 was the age when both the eyes, muscles, etc started to deterioration. A senior class was apparently wanted, and they had to start it somewhere.

Comment

I don't know. At 64 I shoot in regular Adult at club 3Ds. I like picking on the "kids."

Comment

I think as the K45ers and K50ers get older. There will eventually become a need for a Known Seniors class.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by n2bows View Post
                  I think as the K45ers and K50ers get older. There will eventually become a need for a Known Seniors class.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
                  you could be on to something there n2bows. i do think the folks who dominate the senior classes would probably continue to dominate...but...?

Comment

Working...
                  X