Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carlosii
    replied
    i think i'm liking this less and less...

Leave a comment:

• 3rdplace
    replied
    Tim the cuttings are pretty fresh. It will be a long walk to any woods that can accommodate a range. Only thing left is the ranges way in the back and the couple behind the water tower. They told me they still had 60 acres to work with.

We're not talking thinned but clear cut.

Leave a comment:

• bhtr3d
    replied
    That's been like that for some time....the trees that have been cut where all on land not owned by the city....
    Where the sims ranges and practice 3d ranges were, had been cut to look like ya was shooting in florida scrub land or western prairie. ...last time I shot up on the 3d range in the back

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    Just had a positive thought about the Newberry Dessert Shootout--- ain't nobody gotta worry about their arrows hittin a tree enroute to the target !!!

Carlos, there ain't nuthin to reconsider bout Newberry 2014 --- the geezers'd be lost without their patriark there --- would you also pass up the Geezer Bowl too ???

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    Hmmmmmmm, let's see now --- artificial vs. inflatable ???

artificial would be: higher cost
    heavier
    pickier
    might cause a false allergenic reaction
    BUT
    more weather resistant

inflatable would be: cheaper
    lighter
    easier to pack
    BUT
    more vulnerable to adverse weather

Then again we could leave it up to personal preference !!!

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    now here's what i propose...if everyone would bring their artificial Christmas tree from home, we could set up the ranges with 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    Maybe Newberry will provide shuttles like Cullman did ??? !!! Looks like everyone should ask for an "inflatable tree" for Xmas to take to the shoot with them.!!! Can you just hear it --- when 1500 shooters all let the air out of their trees at the same time ??? !!!

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    Originally posted by 3rdplace View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10[/ATTACH]

This is looking Southeast from where the bags are located behind the main building. The trees in the background are along the pasture to the East. Very far away.

It will work out but there will be some pretty good walks to some of the ranges.
    just what the geezers need...longer walks.

Leave a comment:

• 3rdplace
    replied
    I think they said they had 60 acres to work with still. All the land that was cut was private land that bordered the facility. Basically everything South and West is gone and a little on the North side.

Leave a comment:

• 3rdplace
    replied
    Southeast.jpg

This is looking Southeast from where the bags are located behind the main building. The trees in the background are along the pasture to the East. Very far away.

It will work out but there will be some pretty good walks to some of the ranges.

Leave a comment:

• 3rdplace
    replied
    Panaramic at Newberry.jpg

If this worked its a panoramic from the water tower to the entrance.

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    will be headed down to WDW in mid october. i plan on swinging by and seeing the conditions for myself. might have to reconsider Gainesville in 2014.

Leave a comment:

• 3rdplace
    replied
    The ranges behind the water tower and the ones all the way in the back behind the ball fields are still there.

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    WOW --- sounds like the only thing left is the small area where we went several times to the local Newberry Archery Club shoots last Winter and Spring, which is located directly behind the ball field south of the water tower along the east side of the property --- at least I hope that is left !!!

Leave a comment:

• 3rdplace
    replied
    Got a couple but they're on the phone and need to be resized. From the water tower on the left all the way around the front entrance and down the right side all the way to the back is gone. So everything that was behind the bags is gone, everything where the 3d practice range is gone and where the known distance ranges were is gone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X