No announcement yet.

Newberry is a wasteland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now here's what i propose...if everyone would bring their artificial Christmas tree from home, we could set up the ranges with 'em.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm, let's see now --- artificial vs. inflatable ???

artificial would be: higher cost
      heavier
      pickier
      might cause a false allergenic reaction
      BUT
      more weather resistant

inflatable would be: cheaper
      lighter
      easier to pack
      BUT
      more vulnerable to adverse weather

Then again we could leave it up to personal preference !!!

Comment

Just had a positive thought about the Newberry Dessert Shootout--- ain't nobody gotta worry about their arrows hittin a tree enroute to the target !!!

Carlos, there ain't nuthin to reconsider bout Newberry 2014 --- the geezers'd be lost without their patriark there --- would you also pass up the Geezer Bowl too ???

Comment

That's been like that for some time....the trees that have been cut where all on land not owned by the city....
          Where the sims ranges and practice 3d ranges were, had been cut to look like ya was shooting in florida scrub land or western prairie. ...last time I shot up on the 3d range in the back

Comment

Tim the cuttings are pretty fresh. It will be a long walk to any woods that can accommodate a range. Only thing left is the ranges way in the back and the couple behind the water tower. They told me they still had 60 acres to work with.

We're not talking thinned but clear cut.

Comment

i think i'm liking this less and less...

Comment

Oh Oh Tim --- sounds like somebody snuck into your backyard while you weren't there, and "leveled it" ???

I guess we will have to wait until the Geezer Squads Chief Investigator Carlos checks it out in mid-October, and gives us a "state of the situation address" !!!

Comment

hhhhmmmm.....interesting....... I swear there was something here in this spot......
                  Last edited by bhtr3d; 09-20-2013, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I don't think it's going to be a real problem just kind of surprised by the amount of clear cut. We always shoot the farthest range there anyways so it's not a big deal for me. Practice, known distance ranges will have to be moved though.

Comment

Sure will beat the heck out of having to shoot with swim fins and snorkels at floating decoys though --- remember that place called Myrtle Beach --- we had everything but sea shells on the courses, and had to keep our eyes open for big fish with fins sticking out of the water, as they swam by --- LOL !!! Us hard-core 3Dr's'll just suck it up, and "adapt" --- we have before, and we can do it again --- CHAAAARGE !!! --- BRING IT ON !!!

Comment

I was looking back at my post and thought maybe it looked like doom and gloom which it is not. Just will need to walk a little farther for the practice range.

Comment

Not to worry Mikie --- I'm sure, that when Carlossi goes down there the middle of October, and gives it the "Geezer Scan", that he'll give it a Good Terrain Seal stamp of approval.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdplace View Post
                            I was looking back at my post and thought maybe it looked like doom and gloom which it is not. Just will need to walk a little farther for the practice range.
                            that's called, "suckin' wind".

Comment

Look at Google Maps.....Its probably all of the "green" pines that are kaput

Comment

Actually the dark green ones are all that is left.

Comment

Working...
                                X