Newberry is a wasteland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newberry is a wasteland

Down here shooting the state FITA and was blown away by the amount of trees cut down around the Easton facility. Where the practice range, known distance and the couple ranges were to the right as you come in are completely gone. Only thing left is behind the water tower and at the end of the ball fields. Everything else is gone.

Oh Oh, that don't sound good --- it didn't look that great around there from the last "haircut" they gave it. Sounds to me like there is a new "dessert shootout" in the making. They might wanna spray Miracle Grow around the facility, so we would at least have some tall weeds to buffer the high winds sometimes faced with down there. I wonder if ASA will be thinking of a new location for 2015 ???

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
      Oh Oh, that don't sound good --- it didn't look that great around there from the last "haircut" they gave it. Sounds to me like there is a new "dessert shootout" in the making. They might wanna spray Miracle Grow around the facility, so we would at least have some tall weeds to buffer the high winds sometimes faced with down there. I wonder if ASA will be thinking of a new location for 2015 ???
      to heck with 2015, what about 2014?

Comment

2014 ??? --- I would imagine that is all "set in stone", because of a trifle obligation called a "contract". Maybe Easton figures on buying up all the leftover unsold artificial Xmas trees at a heckuva bargain after Xmas this year, and setting them all out on the ranges to simulate wooded conditions, and act as wind barriers --- then once the shoot is over put them all in storgae until 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdplace View Post
          Down here shooting the state FITA and was blown away by the amount of trees cut down around the Easton facility. Where the practice range, known distance and the couple ranges were to the right as you come in are completely gone. Only thing left is behind the water tower and at the end of the ball fields. Everything else is gone.
          this report needs pictures...

Comment

I think yer too late Carlos --- 3rd place already on his way home --- probably didn't have a camera with him anyway.

Comment

Got a couple but they're on the phone and need to be resized. From the water tower on the left all the way around the front entrance and down the right side all the way to the back is gone. So everything that was behind the bags is gone, everything where the 3d practice range is gone and where the known distance ranges were is gone.

Comment

WOW --- sounds like the only thing left is the small area where we went several times to the local Newberry Archery Club shoots last Winter and Spring, which is located directly behind the ball field south of the water tower along the east side of the property --- at least I hope that is left !!!

Comment

The ranges behind the water tower and the ones all the way in the back behind the ball fields are still there.

Comment

will be headed down to WDW in mid october. i plan on swinging by and seeing the conditions for myself. might have to reconsider Gainesville in 2014.

Comment

Panaramic at Newberry.jpg

If this worked its a panoramic from the water tower to the entrance.

Comment

Southeast.jpg

This is looking Southeast from where the bags are located behind the main building. The trees in the background are along the pasture to the East. Very far away.

It will work out but there will be some pretty good walks to some of the ranges.

Comment

I think they said they had 60 acres to work with still. All the land that was cut was private land that bordered the facility. Basically everything South and West is gone and a little on the North side.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdplace View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]10[/ATTACH]

This is looking Southeast from where the bags are located behind the main building. The trees in the background are along the pasture to the East. Very far away.

It will work out but there will be some pretty good walks to some of the ranges.
                            just what the geezers need...longer walks.

Comment

Maybe Newberry will provide shuttles like Cullman did ??? !!! Looks like everyone should ask for an "inflatable tree" for Xmas to take to the shoot with them.!!! Can you just hear it --- when 1500 shooters all let the air out of their trees at the same time ??? !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X