Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teaching an Old Dog new tricks ain't easy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to get our mind off this miserable weather, has anyone heard if ASA is going to continue with their amateur class shoot downs this year?

Comment

Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
      Just to get our mind off this miserable weather, has anyone heard if ASA is going to continue with their amateur class shoot downs this year?
      nada...it seemed to be a hit with the amateurs so maybe. not that i need to worry about such things...i'm just gonna concentrate of helping the Pope achieve world peace...not that Pope, the otherl Pope.

Comment

Hey Clawed --- Yes, accordin ta the new tour guide I got taday, the Senior Masters will be having their shoot off at the new site in Tuscaloosa, Alabammer.

Hey Carlos --- The "Pope" walks among us now !!!

Comment

Excuse me elkie but I thought you told me you had to put your bow down because you had shot so much you had messed shoulder up again an was shooting 1 in groups at 50 yards I get to go an shoot 40 targets an u ride me like a Shetland pony o the Horror of it all ( just saying )

Comment

Between some kinda electronic pulse thingie my wife bought, and the bone cruncher my shoulder is probably back about 50% to 75% --- never will be normal. I lighted up my bow a tad, n' am only shootin bout 275fps now, but I can still shoot real good --- just don't have any idear how much a yard is. Youse gize been havin 3D shoots since early December, and when ya ain't got no shoots, or all week long durin the week yer shootin at yer range a targets at home. I can see me n' the misses is just hafta gonna sell the ranch down here ta either Carlos or Clawed n' move northward a bit, so we can git inta some a that early shoots action y'all got goin fer ya.

Then too, Carlos wouldn't hafta wade thru er shovel any snow ta git his mail, so he could see me in the tour guide twice.

NOTICE; South Georgia mini-ranch fer sale !!! 6 1/2 achers n' a beautiful home

Comment

Is it possible that Elkie has taken up PED's? Electronic "thingies" a bone cruncher he's going to turn in to the Bionic Bowshooter...
              If he's not careful with those electronic tbingies he's gonna start glowin' in the dark.

Comment

Carlos --- please explain what "PEDs" are ??? When I was a kid we wore "PFDs" --- black n' white ankle hi tennies.The thingies are four diffrant sqwear patches, that got wires n' plug inta a box that ya turn on, and then the patches pulsate/vibrate, and losin up the muscle nots --- feeeeels gooood. I did glow one time tho when they pumped me fulla some kinda radioactive stuff to take a MRI on my leg when it was crushed n' broke up --- thats why I stagger when I walk --- that part don't bother me that much cause I staggered fer years a lotta years ago --- druuuunk agin !!!

After my oractice today I wished I was a bionic bowmeister --- what a disaster !!! --- made some changes n' fergot ta tune test it fore I shot, so now I got my work cut out for me Friday mornin.

Comment

Can't help but wonder Elkie has been putting those "pulsing" attachments...ahhh...I don't think that's a scene I really want to think about.

Comment

I've been trying to re-visit my HT release thanks to Clawed leading the way. However I have come to the conclusion that I am gonna have to seek him out fof some personalized instructions... Since he seems to have become the HingeMiester for the Geezer set.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
                      I've been trying to re-visit my HT release thanks to Clawed leading the way. However I have come to the conclusion that I am gonna have to seek him out fof some personalized instructions... Since he seems to have become the HingeMiester for the Geezer set.
                      Carlos, I've got my HT wore down to where the handle looks like one of these smoothies and I still can't hit the side of a barn, but I'm so stubborn and hard headed that I refuse to let it get the best of me. Seems like every time I miss a shot there's an Archery Talk Poobah with advice as to what I should change, and every change makes it worse. Now, it seems I've have changed so many things and have gone from just decent to terrible, but the thing is, I now can't remember how to get back to where I was, for the life of me. Can't seem to find my old friend Mr. Mike ( The great 3rdplace) for help. It's so doggone depressing. Least I can do is help you down to my level, but as you are an avid follower of Archerytalk, maybe we are already in the same predicament.

Comment

You ain't getting my scott wrist strap

Comment

Weather still the pits, I get out very little. Back tension...This works for index and thumb releases, but you gotta think "back tension" all the while aiming and aiming is what you're really doing as back tension is there (so long as you don't give up on it). Every so slowly the (back) tension "draws" up, creeps into that release side "R" muscle group (I thought there was only one muscle) and magically the release fires. The real problem is, you can say it easier than done.

So we had January thaw, short lived.... I get that back tension thing going a just hammering what I'm aiming at. Problem number 2; Really using back tension you shot impact changes location - so I adjusted my sight so I was hammering what I was aiming at. Problem number 3; Remembering to engage back tension when you practice again. Couple of shots a couple inches left doesn't help your attitude....Mmmm? Altitude? I was kind of "up in the air."
                          Problem number 4; Remember to remove safety crosspin the Stan MoreX hinge releases. Yeah, all set, I'm on, that miserable 12 ring is history and CLICK!
                          Again, Mother Nature has decided we need more snow and more cold. I finally get out and it's "startin' to learn day" all over again. And having the ole back aching from plowing snow ain't productive neither.....

Comment

Working...
                          X