Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teaching an Old Dog new tricks ain't easy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claaaaawed --- y'all wanna git reeeeal good, practice at 10yds beyond your max = 50yds --- then y'all never be able ta afford shootin at a closer distance.

How long y'all up fer this time before ya go back ta sleep fer nuther few weeks ??? --- jeepers, first posted at 4:13pm --- musta took ya 8hrs er so ta git all the sleepers otta yer eyes !!!

Comment

went out to shoot yesterday afternoon...first time since the classic. like what the pilot said when the lady backed into the propeller..."disaster".

now i have to decide if i want to do the work necessary to regain my championship form, or do i want to retire and just drive around in my recliner.

left arm was shakin' so bad i couldn't keep it on the bullseye.

Comment

If ya wanna be a winner at newberry in February, you probably should just "grit yer teeth", and start practicin perfect NOW. Get a good perfect practice regimen goin, so y'all be "toned up". We'll be havin some new talent in are class again next season --- that's right, some new rookies (again), n' their YOUNG n' TUFF, n' have no fear. Look how good the rookies did this past year --- Bob, Harold, Leon, and Roy, and also them 2nd year geezers like RE --- them gize kicked some foam !!! Us original geezers gotta band together to defend are stature in are class cause them new ones are gonna keep on comin, and comin, and comin, cause people keep gettin older every year instead a younger.

SOOO, just remember "perfect practice" --- not just "practice", and do it at 50yds --- that is the answer !!! You got 4 months to convert a "disaster" inta a "champ".

Comment

Claude you know where I live. Lessons on the hinge are free to you. And simple to.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdplace View Post
            Claude you know where I live. Lessons on the hinge are free to you. And simple to.
            Mike, Sure am glad to hear an offer like that, for it looks like i'll be needing lots of lessons, especially if all those high powered super seniors decide to show up as geezers next year. Will definitely be coming to see you when I get down there anyway. Need for for you pass along some of that technical knowledge that you've picked up over the years. Probably won't make it until around Christmas this year, unless my old bones and joints get to acting up. Tell Jake congrats for me. Claude

Comment

I will tell him.

Comment

just saw ZOOMIES advertised on t.v. $10 for two pair...WOW...they replace those bulky binos you've been dragging around...i may stock up and set up a booth at the pro ams and make a fortune.

(its a slow, wet morning in Indiana...brings out the worst in me.)

Comment

Aaaaaaah, Carlossi, you ain't gonna git 2pr for $10 !!! --- What you is gonna git is 2pr for $26 to $30 !!! You git 2pr for $10 PLUS "separate" shipping & handling fees for each pair, that is normally $7.95 or $9.95 each pair. You gotta read the fine print on yer TV --- keep yer 3D binos handy for when the next commercial comes on, so you can look at the commercial thru yer binos, so y'all can see the fine print.

Suggestion: Wait a few months, and Target will probably be carrying them in their "As seen on TV section" --- then ya can get 1pr for $10 without having to pay any S&H costs --- and that ain't S&H Green Stamps either.

OR, y'all can make a visit to Pigeon Forge, Gattlinburg, or Seveirville, TN, and go into one of the "tourist trap shops" there, and get some. They even gotta "as seen on TV store" there, as I recall. Then ya could buy lottsa other "junk" too without paying S&H.

I can just imagine they are some real "dandies" !!!

Comment

now Elkie is raining on my day too.

Comment

Hey Mr. Clawed, got an update on your progress with the hinge?
                      I've been working my HT the last few days at my personal indoor practice range and have found that if I pull, get settled in until the "click", then I pull to the release. My release hand ends up on my right shoulder so I think i'm following through ok.
                      Got any new tips to share with those of us still struggling?
                      BTW, temp is headed for the basement, the snow is blowing sideways and they're saying we could get up to 6 inches of snow by morning. So I won't be practicing outside.

Comment

So sorry to hear about the snow we got to go to muzzy for a 3d shoot today the weather was horrible it was 49 degrees an sunny but we weather it an got to shoot it twice with. Ken Dennis ray Hickman an L.P. Roy pope boy they can shoot but I don't know about it when it gets pretty weather.:-)

Comment

Rub it in Older --- rub it in !!! --- No wonder y'all is hot shots gettin alla those shoots in fore Newberry. We won't have a shoot til the weekend before the ASA. Were a shootin good, but fergot what a "yard" is n' what a "target" looks like, since last August --- that's OK we let ya have yer say on the podiem early in the season, but by the time the Classic comes along thats when we take over --- course ya know at Newberry thar could be some upsets.

My hinge ruteen is comin along perty good now --- shootin it better n' last year --- course thats what its alla bout --- improvin with age !!!

We gonna have 21 degrees tamarrah mornin n' 18 degrees Wednesday mornin. I thought this was the Deep South --- guess we gotta dig deeper, but don't wanna dig to deep er we'll end up in China --- BUT what be "snow" --- is that as in "snow job" --- er "snow white n' er 7 dwarfs" ???

Comment

elkie....I have the course all set for your little test.....It layout done....and you all are going to be in a joy.....I have it set so all the carts can be driven on the courses. Shoot I have a few lanes you can even drive the cart down to the target.....See how nice I am to you old codgers. Just make sure YOU ALL show up

Comment

Sounds good Timmer, but it will still be a last minute decision for us I am sure.

Comment

Shop closed and weather like it's been I haven't even tried using my hinge. We had snow about half way to our knees yesterday and last night it dropped to -17. Just now checked weather channel, try -6 and wind chill of 27 below...

Comment

Working...
                                X