New Ideas...2014 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ideas...2014 and beyond

I would like to start this thread as some open suggestions for 2014 and beyond....

I first want to ask.....Who here know's what a Lewis Round is? If you do, great, IF not. I'll give you the Cliffnotes version right now....

Basicly, its a two team score based round. You pick a Pro and take your score and add it with his....If your score is the hightest in yoru class grouping...you will . Say like a $5 entry you will get $3 Pro get $1 and house get $1 (adminstration costs)

So quick example: 10 people x 3 = $30 paid to you. as a winner
    So let's say the one pro had all 10 use his he'd get $10 ( being the lewis)
    house- adminstration 10 x $1 - gets $10

not familiar with the Lewis Round.

Comment

They are from the sporting clays - trap / skeet competitions

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
        not familiar with the Lewis Round.
        You can friend him on facebook,
        https://www.facebook.com/lewis.round.3

Comment

Originally posted by allxs View Post
          You can friend him on facebook,
          https://www.facebook.com/lewis.round.3
          too much time on your hands... LOL

Comment

??? It's been a long time since I shot Trap....1983? I thought the Lewis was a Group, but the group could altered based on scores. I never won...Just donated... Did the Pairing Team thing at this shoot, lost due to me getting a newbie. Did the handicap sytem thing - Got beat because this girl was given a Bowling Ball handicap plus a percentage because she was a girl...

Okay, just a little cautious. Got burnt once this year already. I didn't care for being eliminated with the second highest score shot in the Shoot Off Elimination Round, Presley's First Annual Indoor 3D. Everyone on the line, all shot at the same time, but paired. I got benched with a 84 and 6 others advanced with scores of 70... Nope, won't play that game again...

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyThomas View Post
              ??? It's been a long time since I shot Trap....1983? I thought the Lewis was a Group, but the group could altered based on scores. I never won...Just donated... Did the Pairing Team thing at this shoot, lost due to me getting a newbie. Did the handicap sytem thing - Got beat because this girl was given a Bowling Ball handicap plus a percentage because she was a girl...

Okay, just a little cautious. Got burnt once this year already. I didn't care for being eliminated with the second highest score shot in the Shoot Off Elimination Round, Presley's First Annual Indoor 3D. Everyone on the line, all shot at the same time, but paired. I got benched with a 84 and 6 others advanced with scores of 70... Nope, won't play that game again...
              now Sonny, don't be a sore loser...

(just funnin' with ya.)

Comment

aaaaahm, let's see now, I think I got this finally figgered out --- we shoot at clay pigions insteada 3D foam animals --- BUT, do the clay pigions have replacement cores ??? I assume the center is the core, and it is also the 12-ring. The yellow surrounding it is the 10-ring, and the black edge is the 8-ring --- they ain't room enuf on them fer a 5-ring. Yup, I got it all figgered out !!! NO, I guess I don't --- do we shoot at em' "on the fly", or are they sittin on top a steak ???

Comment

Guess the young ones could be fried, but those old tough pigeons probably would need boiling before adding the dumplings.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
                    now Sonny, don't be a sore loser...

(just funnin' with ya.)
                    I know, Chuck. I think bhtr3d has a good thought in mind, something to provide interest.

Donating has to be gotten around. Say 10 in a group and everyone picks the same Pro, you're back to square 1 and just donating. I mean, everyone has their score and everyone adds the same Pro score.... isn't that back to square 1?

Comment

Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
                      Guess the young ones could be fried, but those old tough pigeons probably would need boiling before adding the dumplings.
                      Young tar is better than old tar? Liked it when they went "puff" and nothing left over

Comment

I'd rather just "gamble" on myself.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyThomas View Post

Sonny, there are more rounds in trap shoot(ers) ....as to only 2 rounds in 3d.....so rules / games have to be motified adjusted.....I haven't worked out the full plan yet...I was just tossing this out for ideas....

You can play your first round...and a pro you pick....shoot you can use every pro you wish too if you pay for it. You can do your first round....and then do a second round......or do an overall total round (minus the shootdown pts)
                          Last edited by bhtr3d; 08-19-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

So...basically it's just your score twice because everyone is going to pick Jeff, Danny, Tommy, Levi or Darrin...

Comment

Originally posted by LDFalks View Post
                              So...basically it's just your score twice because everyone is going to pick Jeff, Danny, Tommy, Levi or Darrin...
                              Not so much as to being true...

The classic ....it would of been marlow as the lewis...

Also by that comment, it states only 5 men's pros....

I guess we can say that for world shooting....oh well its only jessie...dave...reo....

Olympic....the korean women....

No one else should compete....
                              Last edited by bhtr3d; 08-19-2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X