Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• msbigdawg
    replied
    Had a blast this weekend with a great group of guys ...yardage was good just made some bad shots and then had to shoot aggressive and fell short for one of the worst score I have had...but all in all it was a great time and looking forward to next yr

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    My stake turned out to be a pretty good one...a good mix of shooters and not a rotten apple in the bunch. my thanks for putting up with me and my lousy shootin'. i promise to spend the off season workin' on my game.

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    After signin' up on Wednesday morning, as a last night I still ain't found nobody on my steak #18--- guess I must be shootin with a bunch a ghosts !!! Oh well, about 10:45 this morning I will get a surprize I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    The more I think bout it, it looks like they split up "The Three Amigos" on purpose, like they didn't want any steak ta turn inta "Comedy Central" at such a serious event --- like, us get serious ??? --- the probability of that is about 30 below zero !!!

Carlos --- my bow don't shoot bullets --- now its been known a time er two ya might hafta dodge a release now n' then when I loose my grip on it, but that won't happen this weekend.

SOOOO, Carlos is the designated "range cop" huh --- him and which of his "undercover brothers" ???

Such a beautiful Bama morning --- foggy n' drizzly n' dreary ---lookin at the Doppler it looks like gonna clear off in a bit, so it should turn into a nice day --- coarse a bad day a archery is better than a good day a work.

See y'all at the site after shower n' brakefast !!!

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    Elkie on 18...whew..dodged a bullet there.

Leave a comment:

• C.Roberts
    replied
    Now I understand how you got those 12s on a 20 target range. Shooting 5 arrows per target won't happen this weekend. Carlosii will be making sure everything will be on the up and up.

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    Well folks, it's time to reveil the "mystry steak" --- got all signed up today, and I'm on Steak# ---- Let the drums roooooooooooooooollll --- I'm on steak#18 n' so far I ain't found nobody on #18, so does that mean I am being "isolated", AND that's after I gave the "princesess" their dark choclate, man what a bummer !!! And here I thought Carlos was put into exile on #15 --- coarse I ain't found nobody else on #15 either ----- I mean does are underwear have bad breathe er what ??? --- now I do assume if were'n the only ones on the steak, and all the otherins got 5 shooters, that must mean we each get to shoot 5 arrahs per steak --- we'll be so tuckered out after 10 targets we'll never be able ta finish the shoot after alla that shootin, scorin, n' pullin alla them arrahs --- what a dalema !!!--- I'm really sad, cause I ain't got nobody ta boost my morall --- unless there a ghost ???

I sure hope Doc put some pontoons on his buggy cause its rainin now for 4th time today. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• C.Roberts
    replied
    Originally posted by carlosii View Post
    really Doc...Elkie as a "moral" booster...???

sounds as if i need to bring my boots...Did Doctor Dorite bring his go-kart with the winch on the front?
    Yep! You think we might need the winch to pull Elkie's arrows?

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    really Doc...Elkie as a "moral" booster...???

sounds as if i need to bring my boots...Did Doctor Dorite bring his go-kart with the winch on the front?

Leave a comment:

• C.Roberts
    replied
    Just got into Cullman, and will be all rested up for tomorrow, so I'm hoping to share a stake with old Elkhunter. He's always a moral booster for me, not like all those other Hot Shot shooters in the Geezer class, who just simply enjoy cleaning my clock. Hope they take it easy on me this time.....Claude

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    Let the countdown begin !!! --- Only a matter a couple a hours til I know what steak I'm on ---the drama is intensifing --- who's gonna be blessed with the Elkmeister ??? --- been rainin pitchforks n' hammer handles here ever since 5am --- had a couple a them famous high-performance Bama thunderstorms come thru at 5am --- rained so hard , was a real frog strangler --- Had one bolt a lighting that landed just a few feet away from are camper --- really skeered Bow n' Arrow --- they jumped right up in bed with us--- We're fixin ta go shootin here shortly !!!

Clawed --- My arrahs ain't got enuf penetration to go that far into a tree --- they just bounce off --- I only shoot 53# ya know, so ya don't hafta worry bout pullin them ones.

Have a safe trip here gize/galz cause the heavy traffic in these metropoliton cities is really NUTZO !!!

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
    We understand, and agree that it takes a lot of grip to pull arrows when they're 4 inches into a white oak tree.
    ROFLMAO...good one there, Clawed...

Leave a comment:

• C.Roberts
    replied
    Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
    I just bought a couple new shootin shirts in size 2X ta allow for future growth like at the Classic on food night !!! I considered it a long term investment.

If yer lookin ta proxie me fer somethin though y'all can pull alla my arrahs cause I ain't got a very good grip no more.
    We understand, and agree that it takes a lot of grip to pull arrows when they're 4 inches into a white oak tree.

Leave a comment:

• Elkhunter
    replied
    NO WAY "Doc" --- never in a million years would I miss out on alla them tastie morsils, and we totin a trailer there ta haul alla them prizes home --- specially if we find a abandened golf cart on side a the road that blew off somebodys trailer at 75mph.

I just bought a couple new shootin shirts in size 2X ta allow for future growth like at the Classic on food night !!! I considered it a long term investment.

If yer lookin ta proxie me fer somethin though y'all can pull alla my arrahs cause I ain't got a very good grip no more.

Leave a comment:

• carlosii
    replied
    Originally posted by C.Roberts View Post
    Don't worry Elkhunter, while you last minute signer uppers are on the range shooting, I'll make sure I eat enough for both of us at the taste of the classic. If you have to miss the drawing while shooting, I might even claim your prizes.
    like grandpa said, "All heart and a mile wide." that's our Clawed fer sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X