ASA State Championship Buckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASA State Championship Buckles

I was told that our State of Illinois are going to be giving out Plaques this year instead of Buckles at the State Championship. What's the story here? I read on ArcheryTalk that "Some People" wanted something different. Who are these people that makes the decision for ALL? Why wasn't a poll given to see what ASA members would want? ~Curt Taylor

I liked the buckles myself.

Comment

i'm waiting to hear from Tim on this one. its a Federation decision, isn't it?
      btw, i only wear one pair of pants at a time so i only need one buckle...and i've already got three of 'em.

Comment

This year Georgia got buckles for "first place", and placks for "placing".

Hey Carlossi --- ya only got 3 ??? --- Yer 1 short !!! --- 1 fer yer pants, 1 fer yer quiver belt, and 2 fer a pair a shotgun bandolears to give y'all the Poncho Villa look !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
          This year Georgia got buckles for "first place", and placks for "placing".

Hey Carlossi --- ya only got 3 ??? --- Yer 1 short !!! --- 1 fer yer pants, 1 fer yer quiver belt, and 2 fer a pair a shotgun bandolears to give y'all the Poncho Villa look !!!
          that might of been because re went an pick them up at the office.

The vote was made at the directors meeting that some of the states wanted to get something different for 1st place since their shooters have the same multipule looking buckle. So, it was changed to have a 4 color 1sp place plaque for the winner.

What you would need to do is contact your state director and voice that you would like to see the belt buckles brought back, and/or a different look to them. These sort of subjects are what is presented to us the directors.

Comment

I'm from Illinois and I don't remember the question posed. There once was asking if we wanted a fancier belt buckle if we shucked out a couple bucks more. Again, I don't remember be asked.

Heard rumors. We have a Illinois Director?

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyThomas View Post
              I'm from Illinois and I don't remember the question posed. There once was asking if we wanted a fancier belt buckle if we shucked out a couple bucks more. Again, I don't remember be asked.

Heard rumors. We have a Illinois Director?
              You don't even shoot sonny...

Comment

I think the "state" buckles are fine the way they have been --- BUT, the "Classic" buckle should be fancier like the "Texas" buckle to set it aside in looks from state buckles, cause the Classic is more a special event than a state level shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhunter View Post
                  I think the "state" buckles are fine the way they have been --- BUT, the "Classic" buckle should be fancier like the "Texas" buckle to set it aside in looks from state buckles, cause the Classic is more a special event than a state level shoot.
                  Uuummm....Unless you know something I don't know....we don't have buckles for the Classic.

Comment

Elkie must have his batteries charged up...thinks he's got the inside track on snatching the Geezer Crown down at Cullman...news flash Elkie...it ain't gonna be no easy road.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
                      Elkie must have his batteries charged up...thinks he's got the inside track on snatching the Geezer Crown down at Cullman...news flash Elkie...it ain't gonna be no easy road.
                      maybe his wife got him some thinking pills.....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
                        Right you are Carlosii, cause I'm back on my daily recliner meditation program, to make sure my mental game is at it's best. Also have been watching a lot of those Bowjunky videos to learn how to hit those 12s, so I think that Elkhunter will have his work cut out.

Comment

Originally posted by bhtr3d View Post
                          You don't even shoot sonny...
                          You haven't looked down the State Championship list far enough I'm after 3rdplace's name. 3 years! Maybe 3rdplace #2?

Comment

Yupper Carlos --- I well know how "uneasy" that road is --- been down it the last 3yrs, but this year gonna be different --- I feel like I'm 3rd Place#3 --- me n' Sonny gotta contest goin, that I hope he wins. Here I thought all these years, that I just got placks cause I only placed, figgered Jake n' the other boyz hadda "buckle hoard" growin at home in their dens. Oh well, can't win em all.

Here I sit bored n' broken hearted --- rainin cats n' dogs n' bows n' arrahs here today, so we didn't go to no shoot, but theirs anuther shoot tamarrah if it ain't rainin we'll blast off at first light in the mornin to go to it.

I still think a "Texas Style Buckle"'d be nice for Classic 1st place.--- them are real eye-ketchers.

Comment

Where yo shooti g sunday, chuck???

Comment

Working...
                              X