In or Out - You make the call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In or Out - You make the call

On the Archerytalk forum there is a thread asking you to make the call on arrows being in or out. I believe it is listed in the 3d section. There are two pictures of arrows and both are close to if not touching the line. There seems to be lots of debate on how to call these arrows.

I was hoping an Official ASA representative, i.e. LD FALKS or Mike Terrell would take a look and then post their opinion on the ASA forum.

I think it would help clarify what is considered touching the line and hopefully clear up this debate once and for all.

Thanks

i doubt the nay sayers would be moved by Dee and Mike's opinions.

Comment

In my opinion, there is nothing to clear up. The call rests with the group, not Dee or Mike. The rules are simple, so the group must look at the arrows, then determine if they meet the qualifications for the higher score.

Comment

Originally posted by shootist View Post
        In my opinion, there is nothing to clear up. The call rests with the group, not Dee or Mike. The rules are simple, so the group must look at the arrows, then determine if they meet the qualifications for the higher score.
        If it was that simple there would not be such a huge difference of opinion on archerytalk about the arrows in question. I don't think anyone is questioning the rules I think they are questioning what constitutes the line.

Scoring an arrow shouldn't be based on who is in your group and how they call arrows it should be based on what is the correct way to score. I am simply asking Mike or Dee to call these arrows so I may know what is correct.

Comment

My point is that the rules are simple. People's interpretation of touching the line is the difference. No disrespect intended to Mike or Dee, but I'm not sure their opinion is any more valid than anybody else's opinion, unless they are in your shooting group. The bottom line is, despite what anybody else thinks, if you think the arrow touches the line, you must call it in. If you think it doesn't touch, you must call it out. My opinion, (not that it is important), is that the first arrow is out and the second one is in.

Comment

Originally posted by shootist View Post
            . My opinion, (not that it is important), is that the first arrow is out and the second one is in.
            I have seen the pics in AT and I have replied a couple of times. Most all wish to give their opinion not based on the rules. Read the rules. What is agreed upon by those in the group will be the call regardless any one's else opinion.

B. Each group will designate two members of their group as “Scorekeepers” who will record all scores for the group, but
            they may not maintain their own individual “official” colored scorecard. Three individuals will be designated as
            “Scorers” but no one will be allowed to score their own arrow. In groups of four the third scorer will be alternated
            between the scorekeepers for the other scorekeeper’s arrow. In groups of three the scoring will be done by all three
            but an individual may not score their own arrow, or record the official scorecard for their own arrow.
            1. Scorers will agree on a score for each arrow and call out the results to be recorded on the respective shooter’s
            scorecards by the Scorekeepers...

C. All arrows must remain in the target until all arrows are scored. The arrow shaft must be touching a portion of the next
            highest scoring line to be scored for the higher value. All scoring shall be done with the naked eye without the aid of
            any special magnification
            with the exception of prescription glasses or contacts. The status of any doubtful arrows
            must be determined before drawing any arrow from the target.
            The score is based on the status of the arrow while all
            other arrows remain in the target. Arrows may not be removed until a scoring judgment has been made and no
            changes may be made to the score after removal of any arrow. Targets may not be moved or dislodged for scoring
            purposes, and shall be returned to their proper upright position upon removal of the arrows. If both Scorers are in
            agreement, the score will stand. Should the Scorers be unable to reach an agreement, the Scorekeepers (except on
            a call of their own arrow) will alternate the responsibility of making the final determination
            before any arrows are
            removed. Groups will be responsible for calling their own arrows. ASA Range Officials will not make arrow callsexcept when a group has only two shooters, or during special competitions and shoot-offs. .

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyThomas View Post
              I have seen the pics in AT and I have replied a couple of times. Most all wish to give their opinion not based on the rules. Read the rules. What is agreed upon by those in the group will be the call regardless any one's else opinion.

B. Each group will designate two members of their group as “Scorekeepers” who will record all scores for the group, but
              they may not maintain their own individual “official” colored scorecard. Three individuals will be designated as
              “Scorers” but no one will be allowed to score their own arrow. In groups of four the third scorer will be alternated
              between the scorekeepers for the other scorekeeper’s arrow. In groups of three the scoring will be done by all three
              but an individual may not score their own arrow, or record the official scorecard for their own arrow.
              1. Scorers will agree on a score for each arrow and call out the results to be recorded on the respective shooter’s
              scorecards by the Scorekeepers...

C. All arrows must remain in the target until all arrows are scored. The arrow shaft must be touching a portion of the next
              highest scoring line to be scored for the higher value. All scoring shall be done with the naked eye without the aid of
              any special magnification
              with the exception of prescription glasses or contacts. The status of any doubtful arrows
              must be determined before drawing any arrow from the target.
              The score is based on the status of the arrow while all
              other arrows remain in the target. Arrows may not be removed until a scoring judgment has been made and no
              changes may be made to the score after removal of any arrow. Targets may not be moved or dislodged for scoring
              purposes, and shall be returned to their proper upright position upon removal of the arrows. If both Scorers are in
              agreement, the score will stand. Should the Scorers be unable to reach an agreement, the Scorekeepers (except on
              a call of their own arrow) will alternate the responsibility of making the final determination
              before any arrows are
              removed. Groups will be responsible for calling their own arrows. ASA Range Officials will not make arrow callsexcept when a group has only two shooters, or during special competitions and shoot-offs. .
              Pretty simple:
              If it is touching the line it is in. It's up to the group to make the call based on the rules :-)

LDF

Comment

Working...
              X