Problems with Metropolis targets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Metropolis targets?

on our ranges saturday and sunday some of the targets were really shot up. the black antelope on sunday was getting real bad by the time we got to it. some of the targets on the simms were badly shot up and the 12 ring disappeared on some of them. probably should have said something because i know the ASA folks can't check all the targets on all the ranges.

i hope mckenzie does some research on these problems and can come up with a solution.

Problem, No Problem.

Originally posted by carlosii View Post
    on our ranges saturday and sunday some of the targets were really shot up. the black antelope on sunday was getting real bad by the time we got to it. some of the targets on the simms were badly shot up and the 12 ring disappeared on some of them. probably should have said something because i know the ASA folks can't check all the targets on all the ranges.

i hope mckenzie does some research on these problems and can come up with a solution.

I love a marked up target, its the only way I can see where the 12 is.

Comment

They were getting shot up quick. We had quite a few holes starting. I shot one in the ten just left of the 12 and came back with the point drove into the shaft. Don't know what that was.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdplace View Post
        They were getting shot up quick. We had quite a few holes starting. I shot one in the ten just left of the 12 and came back with the point drove into the shaft. Don't know what that was.
        had that happen to someone in my group, too. unless that was you, Wayne.

Comment

Those targets took a pounding. They had the city shoot for three days, 600 people shot the Team Shoot, over 840 people shot the LimbSaver, and then every range took an additional 300 arrows over the weekend. All of these saw record numbers for this event. We replaced cores on every target that was brought to our attention and couldn't be turned to deal with the problem. The only way to help the targets withstand this level of shooting would be to set them all at 50 yards.

By the way, if you ever replace a core in the targets always use Windex. It helps the core slide out but then evaporates and doesn't leave a residue that would prevent the replacement core from also sliding out. We used a lot of Windex this week. We actually replaced every core on the practice range on Friday night!

Mike@ASA

Comment

thanks for the information, Mike.

Comment

Working...
            X