stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stance

Is there such a thing as a proper stance.....

Open stance, closed stance..... Is there such a thing as a proper stance??

Well I am not a pro or a coach but Yes i do believe that there is a perfect stance if ground can let you have it......I have found, that for me and most that i have helped , that with an open stance most wil shoot to the left some and closed will shoot to the right....its like playing golf except opposite in the direction of travel.....I tend to do better with feet shoulders wide and toes inline with area of target that you want to hit....Now some times that is not possible so you just have to do the best ya can...i have found it also on a downward slope or uneven terrain if i can get on my knees or sit i have a better chance....thats just what i have found thats works for me ....

disclaimer : I am know where close to being a pro or coach and am learning things every day about this sport that I have only been doing for bout 3 yrs and bowhunting for 40+ yrs but try different things and shoot how u shoot the best

Comment

I agree with the above relating to a "proper stance", and would like to add, I think each individuals stance will vary a little bit. It is imperative to stand, so that you feel "solid", and body balanced --- I think the bottomline is where/how you feel most comfortable, steady, and be consistant

Comment

Originally posted by bhtr3d View Post
        Is there such a thing as a proper stance.....

Open stance, closed stance..... Is there such a thing as a proper stance??
        Yes, there is a proper stance and it is important to consistent shooting. terrain most often dictates stance.
        However in optimum conditions, you can discover your optimum stance...simply take your normal stance, and as you draw the bow back, just before anchoring-close your eyes...After you anchor-open your eyes...Now, your line of sight should be lined with your intended target. If not, try opening or closing your stance as needed to be in line with the target...repeat the drill as needed. Once you discover your optimum stance, pay attention to the details that are repeatable for you and it will put you in this stance every time. As you become consistently familiar with these details, you will immediately know when your stance is not right. Hope that helps!

Comment

Working...
        X